Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat 2024

sounds like he regrets putting Tua on IR.

Thompson will probably be forced to play, even if he can't breathe or throw without pain due to the chest injury

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/mike-mcdaniel-on-this-weeks-qb-we-have-to-take-it-a-day-at-a-time

Skylar Thompson left last Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins with a chest injury and the Dolphins don’t know if he’ll be able to play at this point. At a Tuesday press conference, head coach Mike McDaniel was asked if the team would go with Tim Boyle or Tyler Huntley in the event that Thompson is not cleared to play. McDaniel indicated that the team will take as much as they can before making any decision.

• Facepalm 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you're the kind of person who somehow finds enjoyment reading FinHeaven after a Fish loss, I invite you to read this game-day thread from last night's double-header.

Also,

Easier to just hit myself in the head and give me a concussion.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Easier to just hit myself in the head and give me a concussion.

Tua?  That you?

• Haha 3

SquirminThurman
On 9/23/2024 at 5:13 PM, Alaska Darin said:

As much as I had to laugh at 'the wrinkly nut sack' shot at Ross, and this being a Dolphins fan, I think all football fans can relate. He actually made some good points in his logical rant.

Off to read FinHaven to see the thread posted. I assume it will be less thought out and logical.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Applause 2

SquirminThurman

This sounds like an intelligent Dolphins fan?!?!

They are paying Diggs 31 million in Dead Cap. That is insane! I think they are doing that because Diggs hates Josh as much as we do!

The scary part of how well they are playing this year is that they took that whole hit this year. They’re going to have that free next season. They moved on from Poyer, Diggs and White and their center who were all either coming off injury, hitting or past 30, or both…and this is the year they’re taking their medicine on it. And they’re missing both LBs and their starting nickel.

This is a GM building depth through the draft and small signings post

• Like 4

SquirminThurman

FinHaven actually sounds rational and in the acceptance phase of loss. Much more rational than ATOP 🤣

From a poster named Dolphan:

Buffalo had 10 different people catch balls, 5 different people score TDs (two were rookies) and 5 different players record sacks.

Not only don’t they miss Diggs….they’re doing this while still paying him 31 million on the cap

That’s a credit to the GM team building

• Like 5

Alaska Darin
37 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

FinHaven actually sounds rational and in the acceptance phase of loss. Much more rational than ATOP 🤣

From a poster named Dolphan:

Buffalo had 10 different people catch balls, 5 different people score TDs (two were rookies) and 5 different players record sacks.

Not only don’t they miss Diggs….they’re doing this while still paying him 31 million on the cap

That’s a credit to the GM team building

I look at it more like "It's so obvious that even a Fish fan can understand it."

• Haha 4
  • Applause 2

SquirminThurman
20 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I look at it more like "It's so obvious that even a Fish fan can understand it."

Yeah, I was expecting fireworks. They are full 5th stage of grief.

Using Buffalo as an example of how to build a team (QB/OL/DL)

Going over how the Bills did it

Calling out other fans for trashing JA

Admitting this current iteration needs to be blown up

happy Daniels went to Commanders and not Pats

It was actually refreshing over there. Mind blown.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

Alaska Darin
9 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

We saw it the same way.  They've been trumpeting "Allen is overrated" pretty much his entire career, even though he destroys them ever time he faces them.  My favorite was "Skyler Thompson almost beat him".  Yeah, sure he did.

• Like 3

RochesterRob
26 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

You forgot " Ross needs to sell the team.  Now!"  Also, Ross needs to fire the GM.  

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

My favorite was "Skyler Thompson almost beat him".  Yeah, sure he did.

Where was this?  I don't think I've ever visited that universe.

• Haha 1

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, SquirminThurman said:

It's funny watching them all begin to crap on McDaniels.

I was predisposed to dislike McDaniels immediately almost exclusively because I just hate all things Fish. My disdain grew even more when league started promoting him as being of 'mixed race, simply to shut up the idiots who always complain that teams don't hire enough black coaches.

By the time he wore that stupid "I wish it were colder" t-shirt it started becoming clear to me that he may not be a very good coach, at which point I started cheering for him to get a multi-year extension, and now I'm pleased to see how much money they spent this year to have their star players sulk on the sideline while their coach sips hot cocoa and tries to sell me Obamacare.

I'll allow it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

SquirminThurman
23 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

You forgot " Ross needs to sell the team.  Now!"  Also, Ross needs to fire the GM.  

The GM has been there for quite some time.

We had Russ Brandon and Whaley to kick around. This sounds like Bills pre 2017 to me.

Given the post Brandon/ Whaley experience, it may be a rational take.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 2