Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat 2024

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm no lip reader, but it looks like Tyreek is yelling "I didn't leave Mahomes for this shit! I'm so pissed, I could beat my pregnant girlfriend again!"

And McDaniels is like, "Man, my life was so much easier when all I had to do was sip some hot cocoa while wearing a flannel onesie."

He definitely says, "I'm sick and tired of being in, being out". 

Then he turns sideways and I can't get the rest.

• I don't know 1
  • Popcorn 1

SquirminThurman
On 9/28/2024 at 7:25 AM, Spartacus said:

He is more obsessed with starting the concussed Tua every week.

sure looked like tua got a concussion in week 1 which caused him to play erratically against the bills from the start.

I suggested the same... Watched as much film as I could find and didn't see any hits or helmet bouncing on turf... but I don't have the ALL22.

Alaska Darin

It has now been 267 days since the Miami Dolphins have had the lead in a football game.

• Popcorn 1
  • Applause 2

Alaska Darin
6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This needs to be my ringtone. It's like, what would Samuel L. Jackson sound like if he was a white ginger?

"Mike McDaniel a genius? You know, Wile E. Coyote thought he was a genius..."

100% NSFW.

Frank the Tank is gonna die an early death.

• Sad 1

SquirminThurman
3 hours ago, Ann said:

So I recall Rousseau and Phillips being a mighty 1-2 pass rush in college.

Rousseau was less developed and Phillips being more physically gifted.

Phillips also had an injury history.

I think Phillips has been the better NFL player, when on the field.

Unfortunately he has been dogged by injury and I;m not sure it will pass.

Its a shame, I don't like seeing young players have careers abbreviated due to injury.

He was a guy I wanted Buffalo to pick up because McDermott rotates DL so much.

Miami just seems cursed this year.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 2

Spartacus

With this deal in the works, Ross  must be really pissed that the Dolphins are tanking without Tua.

Also provides rationale for locking up the flashy assets at big bucks.

must be tremendous pressure on Tua to keep playing so keep the valuation from eroding.

If Tua opts out, Dolphins future becomes bleak with big money in assets not flashing anymore.

https://www.privateequitywire.co.uk/ares-closing-in-on-dolphins-deal-at-8-1bn-valuation/

Private equity firm Ares Management and billionaire Joe Tsai are in advanced discussion with Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross over the acquisition of stakes in the NFL team and related assets in deals that would value the business at $8.1bn, according to a report by Bloomberg.

The report cites unnamed sources familiar with the matter as revealing that the potential transaction would see Ares Management acquire a 10% stake in a package that includes the Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium, and Formula One’s Miami Grand Prix. Tsai, owner of the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets and WNBA’s New York Liberty, plans to purchase an additional 3% stake through his family office, Blue Pool Capital.

If the deal is finalised, it would be the first private equity transaction since the NFL revised its ownership rules in August to permit institutional investors to buy stakes in franchises. The league’s decision to allow private equity firms to own up to 10% of any franchise was aimed at attracting billions in new capital while boosting valuations and providing greater financial flexibility for team owners.

• Like 1

Spartacus

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/deion-sanders-hints-at-steering-sheduer-to-the-dolphins

Via C. Isaiah Smalls II of the Miami Herald, Colorado coach (and Shedeur’s father) Deion Sanders recently hinted at the possibility of steering Shedeur to the Miami Dolphins.

It’s time to look at something Deion said in March.

I know where I want them to go,” Deion said on the Million Dollaz Worth of Game podcast, regarding Shedeur and teammate Travis Hunter. “So, it’s certain cities that ain’t gonna happen. It’s going to be an Eli.”

The broader point is that, whether it’s Miami or some other team, Deion can — and should — help Shedeur get his career started in the right place. Look at all of the quarterbacks who struggled with their initial teams and who are now flourishing. Incoming quarterbacks absolutely should be willing to avoid bad teams to start their careers. And to make their way to good ones.

KD in CA
On 10/2/2024 at 9:36 AM, stuvian said:

Looks like 4th and season for the Fins

You know it’s a rough year when you can’t even celebrate being the week 3 champs.

KD in CA
3 hours ago, Ann said:

OBJ  😱

He sounds like a guy working through the emotions of seeing his career wind down in less than ideal circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

IDBillzFan
9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

He sounds like a guy working through the emotions of seeing his career wind down in less than ideal circumstances.

It seems like only yesterday the talking heads heard "OBJ to Miami," and the SB talk began. Like he was the missing link. Just like Jalen Ramsey was the one piece it needed to have a SB defense.

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1

KD in CA
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

It seems like only yesterday the talking heads heard "OBJ to Miami," and the SB talk began. Like he was the missing link. Just like Jalen Ramsey was the one piece it needed to have a SB defense.

I think Miami needs to sign one more big ‘name’ FA to get them over the hump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This totally tracks. :classic_laugh:

"Bills and Jets don't improve their defense.  They're afraid Tua's brain is healed!"  :facepalm:

Don't even get me started on the idea that "starting Drake Maye" is in any related.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3