Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NHL Playoffs 2023-2024

MothersMilk

This Florida/rangers game is pretty good tonight. I haven’t watched a playoff game in 13 years, I forgot how good it can be.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MothersMilk

• snafu

• KD in CA

• Taro T

CarpetCrawler

Did you see the game Saturday? Another OT victory for the Rangers. 

I'm all for knocking the Florida team out of the hunt, Hockey in Miami never seemed right to me.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I'm all for knocking the Florida team out of the hunt, Hockey in Miami never seemed right to me.

Totally agree. That hockey hotbed that Florida is, what a joke! And what’s up with Sam reinhart playing so good for Florida? What the he’ll happened here? I stopped watching the Sabres so I don’t know? 

another great game today, but my kids were watching the Yankees and the race. I never seen what time the game was on, I only caught the highlights. I’m going to have to make it a point to catch the next game. Are you a rangers fan living near New York? 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2024 at 11:55 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Florida dominated that game - and game 2, pretty much.

Panthers fans must be sick.

• Sad 1

CarpetCrawler
8 hours ago, snafu said:

Florida dominated that game - and game 2, pretty much.

Panthers fans must be sick.

Agreed, pretty much. The half of the auditorium that were Panthers fans must have been crestfallen. 

On 5/27/2024 at 1:26 AM, Pete said:

Totally agree. That hockey hotbed that Florida is, what a joke! And what’s up with Sam reinhart playing so good for Florida? What the he’ll happened here? I stopped watching the Sabres so I don’t know? 

another great game today, but my kids were watching the Yankees and the race. I never seen what time the game was on, I only caught the highlights. I’m going to have to make it a point to catch the next game. Are you a rangers fan living near New York? 

I live about 25 miles north of NYC, but I was born in Buffalo and lived there until I was 7 when my father was transferred here by his job at Dairylea. But we were always back there for holidays and vacations, so my Buffalo sports loyalty never faded. Then I went to college at UB, so it intensified, I went to tons of Bills and Sabres games with my cousins and friends, even some Sabres playoff games and an unforgettable MNF game where we destroyed the Dolphins. 

For the sake of my kids, I never pushed the Bills on them in their youth, it was the drought years, and no way was I going to subject my son to ridicule from Jets fans, so we followed the Giants (which was easy considering they beat the Patsies twice in the Super Bowl), and the Rangers. But they always knew how fanatical I was about the Bills and thanks to Josh Allen, they are now both proud Bills fans too. 

Most of my relatives there have moved south or passed on, so I haven't been there much over the last 20 years. The last time I was there was a couple of Octobers ago when we were in Niagara Falls for a few days (my wife was presenting at a Nursing conference), we got to go to Duffs and Anderson's and Paula's Donuts, The Bills were away, but my daughter, son-in-law, and I took in a Sabres game and we got beef on wecks and Labatts on draft at a brew pub there before the game.

Buffalo will always be a big part of me and luckily I've been able to instill some appreciation for the 716 in my family too.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

My cousin went to ub in the mid ‘80’s played safety for the bulls, led the nation in interceptions and had a tryout with the bills. He owned a bar named 3rd base till he passed away. 

I was worried about my oldest son growing up a Steelers fan during the drought. We get Sunday ticket every year and I had a friend over every Sunday and he is a big Steelers fan. So we would watch both the bills and Steelers play. The bills always lost as you know and the Steelers had been and won a few Super bowls. My friend would buy him Steelers jerseys. But somehow he became a bills fan. Now it’s paying off. He’s the one who writes about the bills now. All my boys are bills fans thankfully. 

and Reinhart scores in ot s I’m typing. :frustration:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
36 minutes ago, Pete said:

My cousin went to ub in the mid ‘80’s played safety for the bulls, led the nation in interceptions and had a tryout with the bills. He owned a bar named 3rd base till he passed away. 

I was worried about my oldest son growing up a Steelers fan during the drought. We get Sunday ticket every year and I had a friend over every Sunday and he is a big Steelers fan. So we would watch both the bills and Steelers play. The bills always lost as you know and the Steelers had been and won a few Super bowls. My friend would buy him Steelers jerseys. But somehow he became a bills fan. Now it’s paying off. He’s the one who writes about the bills now. All my boys are bills fans thankfully. 

and Reinhart scores in ot s I’m typing. :frustration:

Many times I went to a bar called Third Base near the UB Main Street campus, but that was the very early 80s. Before that I think it was called The Wurst Place ?????

I hate when a player leaves Buffalo and then thrives, but I kind of think most time it's the other way around, Buffalo brings out the best in players and they never do as well elsewhere. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Many times I went to a bar called Third Base near the UB Main Street campus, but that was the very early 80s. Before that I think it was called The Wurst Place ?????

I hate when a player leaves Buffalo and then thrives, but I kind of think most time it's the other way around, Buffalo brings out the best in players and they never do as well elsewhere. 

That was the bar. You probably seen him there. He worked there when he was in college and then bought it after he graduated. I think his tryout with the bills was in ‘85 so you crossed paths. Concussions did him in.

• Like 3

CarpetCrawler
10 hours ago, Pete said:

That was the bar. You probably seen him there. He worked there when he was in college and then bought it after he graduated. I think his tryout with the bills was in ‘85 so you crossed paths. Concussions did him in.

Yes I remember, it was the guy who worked there when it was Wurst Place, (which was basically a dive bar that we went to for cheap beer), he bought it and switched it to a sports-themed bar and it instantly got 10 times more popular, attracting women too ; )

• Like 2

Taro T

Am perfectly fine with Reinhart, Montour, Rodrigues, and the other former Sabre that am drawing a complete blank on right now getting their names on the Stanley Cup.  But somehow, Okposo becoming the 3rd Sabres captain of the drought era getting his name on the SC within a year and a half of getting out of Buffalo just seems wrong.

Should Dallas pull it out over the Eulers, might hope they win, just because it is exhausting explaining to people everytime they say "Dallas won the Stanley Cup" that NO, they did not WIN it; they were AWARDED it.  There's a difference.  And am still waiting for the puck to be dropped at the blue line to the left of Hasek to finish game 6.  And should we pull that one off, pretty sure we've got game 7.

And IF Dallas wins this year; can stop correcting people provided they don't explicitly talk about '99.

• Like 2

Rangers went out with a whimper.

Florida beat them.

MothersMilk
20 hours ago, Taro T said:

Am perfectly fine with Reinhart, Montour, Rodrigues, and the other former Sabre that am drawing a complete blank on right now getting their names on the Stanley Cup.  But somehow, Okposo becoming the 3rd Sabres captain of the drought era getting his name on the SC within a year and a half of getting out of Buffalo just seems wrong.

Should Dallas pull it out over the Eulers, might hope they win, just because it is exhausting explaining to people everytime they say "Dallas won the Stanley Cup" that NO, they did not WIN it; they were AWARDED it.  There's a difference.  And am still waiting for the puck to be dropped at the blue line to the left of Hasek to finish game 6.  And should we pull that one off, pretty sure we've got game 7.

And IF Dallas wins this year; can stop correcting people provided they don't explicitly talk about '99.

Florida and Texas just don't sound like hockey towns, I'll go with Canada on this one. 

KD in CA
23 hours ago, Taro T said:

Happy for Edmonton but mostly.....F Dallas.

I do enjoy watching Florida play.  Looking forward to the Cup finals.

• Like 1

Taro T
11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Happy for Edmonton but mostly.....F Dallas.

I do enjoy watching Florida play.  Looking forward to the Cup finals.

Am absolutely pulling for the Swamp Cats.  F' the Eulers and their 8 year tank leading up to landing McJesus.  (Gave Pegula some really bad ideas about how Buffalo could've landed McJesus that Sabres fans are still facing the fallout from those ideas.)

MothersMilk
19 hours ago, Ann said:

I saw that last night, that's all the more reason to pull for the Oilers.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

I saw that last night, that's all the more reason to pull for the Oilers.

No it's not.

Using the Bills in a derogatory sense is verboten with me.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2