Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Leftist Protests

B-Man

Nanker
4 hours ago, Ann said:

I wonder who traced it for her? It isn't exactly easy.

(If I remember correctly) The first six generations are laid out from all those that arrived on the Mayflower, then you (descendent) have to make the connection to get "certified." Since there were generally no/few birth certificates in the US until the late 1880s (when they became more common), the society accepts publications (published from between that sixth generation and when birth certificates became more common), death certificates (where parents are listed), marriage certificates, baptismal records (parents are listed) and census data (that means going to the old town halls and looking through the hand written census books and getting a photocopy, but you need to know where to look).

I only know this because my ex-MIL always insisted she was a Mayflower Descendant. My ex-husband decided to confirm this for her for a Mother's Day gift, and so we went on a two year hunt to do so. He got her "certified," himself, and our son. Now, any member of his immediate family (brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews) can get the trace because we did all the work (they assign you a number so the trace starts from that number). But getting there to start? Not a simple thing to do. 

It was an NPR interview. That bowl of privileged white old money is proud of their DAR roots. Someone obviously did it for her thinking she might be pleased to find out. Maybe it was Alex Haley Kunta Kinte. 

• Like 1

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• devnull

• IDBillzFan

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Ann said:

(If I remember correctly) The first six generations are laid out from all those that arrived on the Mayflower, then you (descendent) have to make the connection to get "certified." Since there were generally no/few birth certificates in the US until the late 1880s (when they became more common), the society accepts publications (published from between that sixth generation and when birth certificates became more common), death certificates (where parents are listed), marriage certificates, baptismal records (parents are listed) and census data (that means going to the old town halls and looking through the hand written census books and getting a photocopy, but you need to know where to look).

I only know this because my ex-MIL always insisted she was a Mayflower Descendant. My ex-husband decided to confirm this for her for a Mother's Day gift, and so we went on a two year hunt to do so. He got her "certified," himself, and our son. Now, any member of his immediate family (brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews) can get the trace because we did all the work (they assign you a number so the trace starts from that number). But getting there to start? Not a simple thing to do. 

I wish somebody had said to her something on the order of "We really are a great American melting pot!"  Because they really, really, really hate that.  She'd have had grey matter spewing from her ears hearing that.

Instead, we're probably going to hear how Puritans, like Cleopatra, were really African...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

devnull
5 hours ago, Ann said:

IIRC, something like 10% of Americans have an ancestor on the Mayflower

One of my cousins periodically sends me stuff to join something The Mayflower Society and The Pilgrim John Howland Society.

Uncle Joe
Posted (edited)

My maternal ancestry came after the Civil War and it's documented. 

My paternal side is said to go way back and my dad's cousin (whose family I have never met) has it documented somewhere. 

Edited by Uncle Joe

Not a protest, but it's crazy people, doing crazy things, so it kind of fits:

Imagine how angry they would be if they weren't given preferential treatment for scholarships, government grants and contracts, employment and advancement opportunities,...

Or maybe they're mad that other "minorities", and the transgender monsters they helped create, are weaseling into what was their turf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Imagine how angry they would be if they weren't given preferential treatment for scholarships, government grants and contracts, employment and advancement opportunities,...

Or maybe they're mad that other "minorities", and the transgender monsters they helped create, are weaseling into what was their turf.

Or maybe they're just getting ready to dump a bucket of bees on Nic Cage.

RochesterRob
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I wish somebody had said to her something on the order of "We really are a great American melting pot!"  Because they really, really, really hate that.  She'd have had grey matter spewing from her ears hearing that.

Instead, we're probably going to hear how Puritans, like Cleopatra, were really African...

So you know people that consider the Act of Union from 1707 an insult just like some of the people I know.  Both my grandmothers said up to 1960 around my corner of the Finger Lakes that the descended from English people consider themselves top of the food chain.  The Dutch and Germans were at best tolerated.  And everybody else.........................

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I have a friend who runs these things. Not a friend really. Was a friend for a short while until I realized she's a narcissistic vapid psycho. But she's really hot, and actually has a master's in Physical therapy and a former college cheerleader so it was easy to be curious about who she is deep down. 

Uncle Joe
51 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I have a friend who runs these things. Not a friend really. Was a friend for a short while until I realized she's a narcissistic vapid psycho. But she's really hot, and actually has a master's in Physical therapy and a former college cheerleader so it was easy to be curious about who she is deep down. 

Their leader was on Fox News and is a self proclaimed witch. Many followers have Daddy issues. 

They could use a confused, angry Vietnamese woman.

• Like 2

MothersMilk
23 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Their leader was on Fox News and is a self proclaimed witch. Many followers have Daddy issues. 

They could use a confused, angry Vietnamese woman.

Wonder if the Nooooooooooooo woman was ever indoctrinated into this. I saw it too, hot sweaty angry women. Funny stuff, imagine being an animal living in those woods. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Uncle Joe
12 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Wonder if the Nooooooooooooo woman was ever indoctrinated into this. I saw it too, hot sweaty angry women. Funny stuff, imagine being an animal living in those woods. 

There's a reason they are reintroducing grizzlies.

And it ain't God's own drunk.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Or maybe they're just getting ready to dump a bucket of bees on Nic Cage.

image.png.eb794f09a4002f13818b268262212ec7.png

• Haha 2

On 5/20/2024 at 1:45 PM, Cinga said:

If it's a DNA test it's pretty accurate...

Did you see where a guy sent DNA in from his lizard, and it came back as various human ethnicities?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IDBillzFan
On 5/20/2024 at 10:20 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

This dude better not go to the beach on Memorial Day. He might have a stroke.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Did you see where a guy sent DNA in from his lizard, and it came back as various human ethnicities?

Well, in all fairness to let you in on a secret Obama is of the lizard people so there is some relationship between lizards and humans

image.png.c96428469f9c208245dc16a7be2b416d.png

On 5/20/2024 at 1:20 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Pete’s day at the beach.

• Haha 5

Uncle Joe
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Who gave them the United Auto Worker's signs?

Government Motors?