Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Sabres 24/25 Season Thread

MothersMilk

Taro T
7 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

May be an image of 2 people, people playing hockey and text that says 'INSIGHTS BLUE BLUE&GOLD & GOLD e PRESENTEDBY BY ticketmaster WITH LINDY RUFF & KN ADAMS w WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12 -7P.M. Open House Seat Selection Event 7-8P.M. P.M. Blue and Gold Insights Event'

B&GI are promoted as being ONLY available to STHers.  So, how to they get around the false advertising? 

STHers and their guests will be on the arena floor and the only ones eligible to ask questions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is this good ?

IDK

San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) General Manager Mike Grier announced today that the club has acquired the 11th-overall selection in the 2024 NHL Draft from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for the 14thand 42nd overall picks.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/06/27/san-jose-sharks-move-up-in-first-round-after-trade-with-buffalo-sabres/amp/

13 hours ago, Ann said:

Rankings

Dobber Prospects: #9
Elite Prospects: #11
Hockey Prospect: #13
Hadi Kalakeche: #11
McKeen’s: #13
Bob McKenzie (TSN): #9
FC Hockey: #5
NHL Central Scouting: #3 (European skaters)
Corey Pronman (The Athletic): #14
Scott Wheeler (The Athletic): #10

No glaring weaknesses have earned him a high ranking from every outlet. He’s more of a high-floor prospect than a high ceiling one, with questions about how translatable his offensive game is but few concerns about his ability to have an impact at the NHL level. At the very least, he should become a third-line player, then things have to go right for him in his offensive development and skating improvement to achieve a higher position.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/konsta-helenius-2024-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-scouting-report-draft-rankings-highlights-analysis/

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

I'm going to miss his Social Media stuff but I've watched enough losing with the exact same cast of characters.

• Like 1

Taro T
20 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

It's a good signing.  If either kid falters or gets injured, he can at least give them adequate goaltending.

It also forces Levi to beat somebody out to get an NHL job.  Fully expecting he will; but competition is a good thing.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

He's Davis Mills's long-lost twin brother, isn't he?

Alaska Darin

WHAT THE &#%$?

I know there's some level of desperation on Adams' part to improve the roster but Savoie for a 3C and a prospect who has done nothing in the NHL?  REALLY?

• Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

WHAT THE &#%$?

I know there's some level of desperation on Adams' part to improve the roster but Savoie for a 3C and a prospect who has done nothing in the NHL?  REALLY?

They're going to completely waste Lindy Ruff's return, aren't they?  

• Sad 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They're going to completely waste Lindy Ruff's return, aren't they?  

I mean, I like McLeod's size/speed/3C placement but if you're giving up a first round draft choice from 2 years ago...it doesn't say great things about your evaluation process.  Edmonton needed salary cap relief, so it makes a lot of sense from their perspective and of course the Sabres have like 4 other "Savoies" in the pipeline but I just hate giving up that level of asset for what is "at best" a middle six center.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I mean, I like McLeod's size/speed/3C placement but if you're giving up a first round draft choice from 2 years ago...it doesn't say great things about your evaluation process.  Edmonton needed salary cap relief, so it makes a lot of sense from their perspective and of course the Sabres have like 4 other "Savoies" in the pipeline but I just hate giving up that level of asset for what is "at best" a middle six center.

And they traded away Middlestadt to create the hole that they just filled. 

• Sad 1

Alaska Darin
15 hours ago, snafu said:

And they traded away Middlestadt to create the hole that they just filled. 

Not really.  Mittelstadt makes about double what McLeod does for a reason.  He's the 2C in Colorado, so the Sabres really had to move on from either Cozins or Thompson.  McLeod's ceiling is middle 6, leaning toward 3C/traditional shutdown line/PK center.  Mittelstadt certainly ain't that.

• Sad 1