Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Summer Olympics in Paris

Ninety-4

I simply cannot understand permitting the biological male boxer to compete with the women and the growing support that this decision and others similar are getting.  

• I don't know 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

I simply cannot understand permitting the biological male boxer to compete with the women and the growing support that this decision and others similar are getting.  

It's important that the man gets a gold medal that he feels good about being a woman.  Oddly, liberals believe a participation trophy isn't enough in this instance.  

I could never be this stupid.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's important that the man gets a gold medal that he feels good about being a woman.  Oddly, liberals believe a participation trophy isn't enough in this instance.  

I could never be this stupid.

The beauty of intersectionality.  It forces it's followers into all sorts of contradictions and they gleefully recite them all.

Alaska Darin

All the Olympic negativity aside, the US track team is straight up killin' it.  Quincy Hall's 400M gold was unbelievable and not long after Kenneth Rooks took silver in the Steeplechase, only the 3rd EVER medal for the US in the event.

This has been a great Olympics for the United States.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

All the Olympic negativity aside, the US track team is straight up killin' it.  Quincy Hall's 400M gold was unbelievable and not long after Kenneth Rooks took silver in the Steeplechase, only the 3rd EVER medal for the US in the event.

This has been a great Olympics for the United States.

The men's 1500 Meter finish was fantastic.   That guy had to make two separate moves down the stretch to take the lead. The Women's 200 Meter winner left everyone in her dust.

And it gets me every single time whenever they cut away to the families in the stands jumping up and down like crazy. 

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, snafu said:

The men's 1500 Meter finish was fantastic.   That guy had to make two separate moves down the stretch to take the lead. The Women's 200 Meter winner left everyone in her dust.

And it gets me every single time whenever they cut away to the families in the stands jumping up and down like crazy.

Yeah, me too.

Gabby Thomas is such a great story.  Neurobiology degree from Harvard, Masters in Epidemiology, does all kindsa of free medical work in her community, and oh by the way, literally one of the fastest women in the world.  I hope they let her run in the 4x100 relay again so she can get another gold.

The 1500 final was legendary.  We were a breath away from the US taking both gold and silver.   Hocker and Nuguse both ran incredible races.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin

The American track team is incredible.  Every day they're just racking up medal after medal. 

Sydney McLaughlin is the Edwin Moses of her time.  An incredibly dominant performance that exceeded the most unreasonable of expectations.

• Like 1

Ninety-4

Missed opportunity in men's 4x100.  Relay team and coaches haven't learned from past mistakes.  When you assemble a relay team full of individual event athletes that don't run relays often or together, you get mistakes (bad exchanges).  That's something to clean up for '28.  

The ladies didn't execute their 4 x100 great either but overcame it.  

US overall though is cleaning up in track.  

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

France played out of their mind tonight and it wasn't enough because Steph Curry did what Steph Curry does.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

The American women were absolutely the story of these games.  They won more medals than every country in the world except China.

It is a testimonial to what equality of opportunity really means.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ninety-4
On 8/11/2024 at 11:13 AM, Alaska Darin said:

The American women were absolutely the story of these games.  They won more medals than every country in the world except China.

It is a testimonial to what equality of opportunity really means.

Yes.  I'm declaring Gabby Thomas a super human.  Her brains, physique, stature, easy going personality and overall talent is rare.  

Edit: + hard work.

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Applause 1

Alaska Darin
18 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Yes.  I'm declaring Gabby Thomas a super human.  Her brains, physique, stature, easy going personality and overall talent is rare.  

Edit: + hard work.

She certainly sets a standard for every young person (and especially young women) to aspire to.  She'a amazing.

Alaska Darin

If you've never watched it, the Paralympics is pretty awesome.  I am really looking forward to goalball, basketball, and seeing how many medals American Oksana Masters can add to her already ridiculous total of SEVENTEEN.

• Like 3