Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Counterpoint: things have got to cool down, or we're all VSF.

If this is what it takes to get Biden and Trump to talk for five minutes and say "Look, maybe we should lighten up on the hyperbolic personal attacks a bit" and start cooling things down, I'm all for it.

This is much closer to the wildest Stallone or Schwarzenegger espionage/ international intrigue based movie that we can imagine versus a (simple) county executive election.  I can imagine a shadowy figure after the assassination scene calling Biden about "finishing the job."  That aside some people have gotten so hardened in the US that there is no reaching that.  A result of the entertainment industry mocking authority for what is now decades.  Some minds cannot see a simple joke for what it is and look to see literal truth in everything they view.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Witnesses are idiots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Do like every other liberal and sue the shit out of the family just for fun. 

• Cheers 2

Hopefully after the tragedy yesterday in Butler PA we can all recognize that unaccountable bloated bureaucracies continue to fail us as Americans. 

Donald J Trump is alive today solely due to a bad wind estimate by an evil would be assasin. 

As the graphics show the full value wind of just 5mph was enough to displace the unconfirmed but likely light 55 grain bullet two inches from DJT's intended forehead to his ear. 

DJT was not saved by USSS brilliance. The fact that USSS allowed a rifle armed shooter within 150yds to a preplanned event is either malice or massive incompetence. Clearly there was adequate uncontrolled dead space for a shooter to move into position and take multiple aimed shots. Watching the newsreel one can hear how proximate the shooter is by the very short time lapse between the crack of arriving bullet (supersonic) to the boom of muzzle blast (sonic).  

The law enforcement sniper (unclear if USSS) in newsreels was clearly overwhelmed as his face  came off his rifle instead of doing his job to kill the shooter. Clearly they were watching the shooter but apparently have a no "first shot" policy.  The only positive action was an apparent 488yd shot by one USSS sniper which despatched the assasin but after the assassin launched at least 5 rounds, wounding DJT and killing and severely others in the crowd. 

In my old business of providing Diplomatic Security in two active war zones we were expected to execute the basics or we would be fired. Clearly USSS failed at the basics of a secure perimeter and once shots were fired their extraction was clumsy and left DJT highly exposed to follow on attacks. It looked like they had never drilled together because those responses should be effectively autonomic. Will there be accountability?  That's not the Washington way. 

Unserious and unworthy people in positions of authority got us to this near disaster. Merit and execution must be the only deciding factors in hiring and leadership, not the social engineering priority of the day.  Sadly nothing in Washington reflects that any longer. DJT is right to question the competence of those protecting him because yesterday they failed in almost every way. Nature abhors a vacuum and there are always other options. 

Most importantly, as Americans let's come together and run a proper valid election so we can get back to what matters a merit based society that judges on character and skill. Nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Ann said:

Hopefully after the tragedy yesterday in Butler PA we can all recognize that unaccountable bloated bureaucracies continue to fail us as Americans. 

Donald J Trump is alive today solely due to a bad wind estimate by an evil would be assasin. 

As the graphics show the full value wind of just 5mph was enough to displace the unconfirmed but likely light 55 grain bullet two inches from DJT's intended forehead to his ear. 

DJT was not saved by USSS brilliance. The fact that USSS allowed a rifle armed shooter within 150yds to a preplanned event is either malice or massive incompetence. Clearly there was adequate uncontrolled dead space for a shooter to move into position and take multiple aimed shots. Watching the newsreel one can hear how proximate the shooter is by the very short time lapse between the crack of arriving bullet (supersonic) to the boom of muzzle blast (sonic).  

The law enforcement sniper (unclear if USSS) in newsreels was clearly overwhelmed as his face  came off his rifle instead of doing his job to kill the shooter. Clearly they were watching the shooter but apparently have a no "first shot" policy.  The only positive action was an apparent 488yd shot by one USSS sniper which despatched the assasin but after the assassin launched at least 5 rounds, wounding DJT and killing and severely others in the crowd. 

In my old business of providing Diplomatic Security in two active war zones we were expected to execute the basics or we would be fired. Clearly USSS failed at the basics of a secure perimeter and once shots were fired their extraction was clumsy and left DJT highly exposed to follow on attacks. It looked like they had never drilled together because those responses should be effectively autonomic. Will there be accountability?  That's not the Washington way. 

Unserious and unworthy people in positions of authority got us to this near disaster. Merit and execution must be the only deciding factors in hiring and leadership, not the social engineering priority of the day.  Sadly nothing in Washington reflects that any longer. DJT is right to question the competence of those protecting him because yesterday they failed in almost every way. Nature abhors a vacuum and there are always other options. 

Most importantly, as Americans let's come together and run a proper valid election so we can get back to what matters a merit based society that judges on character and skill. Nothing else. 

Keep in mind, though...this ain't the A-Team (probably not even the B-team, which is likely assigned to Jill.  More likely the C-Team).  And it's not even close to the staffing level of the full presidential detail - in fact, I'd bet the staffing is confused, since they're a "former president" detail and a "presidential candidate" detail for a candidate who's not yet officially a candidate.    So you've got the third string trying to operate in an anomalous situation.

Which is mostly just to say: Trump better beef up his private security detail.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Thomas Matthew Crooks had explosive devices in his car that he drove to the Trump rally according to the Wall Street Journal.

Police say they were tipped off of suspicious packages near the suspect.

"Police received multiple reports of suspicious packages around near where the shooter was, authorities said, prompting them to dispatch bomb technicians," the WSJ reported.

"Investigators were still working to make sure the scene was clear well into the night. They also searched Crooks’s home and spoke with his family."

The FBI still says there is no clear motive.

• Cheers 2

devnull
2 minutes ago, devnull said:

Biden 1:30 PM address on assassination attempt

Starts at 2:07

Three minute teleprompter address and immediately left the room

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, devnull said:

I want to hear him give an address at 9:30pm, so I can hear what he really thinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, devnull said:

He spoke to Trump in a short conversation.

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Ann said:

He spoke to Trump in a short conversation.

Of course.  A long conversation, he'd likely start talking to Uncle Bosey.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I want to hear him give an address at 9:30pm, so I can hear what he really thinks.

Well, he's speaking at length later tonight.

He slurred a little just now, had one creepy whisper, but he (for the most part) sounded fine. Tonight? Who knows.

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Biden was just briefed on the situation??? Ummm

We know he was briefed last night, so probably means "just briefed again before talking to you."

CarpetCrawler
13 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I get that what I'm about to say shouldn't be the response - but part of me hopes that if Biden (or let's be honest, his people) did try to reach out to Trump, he wouldn't take the call. 

Agreed, I would want to say, "Joe, you call me Hitler, you call me an existential threat to democracy, you say I need to be put in the bullseye.....and then when this happens you call to say you're sorry???  Shove it up your incontinent a$$ buddy."

But that's just me. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

37 minutes ago, Ann said:

One of 45's lines that seemed to resonate at the debate was harping on 46 not having fired anyone.  How ironic would it be if his DHS secretary ends up getting fired over this?

And how much worse will it be if she doesn't?

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Agreed, I would want to say, "Joe, you call me Hitler, you call me an existential threat to democracy, you say I need to be put in the bullseye.....and then when this happens you call to say you're sorry???  Shove it up your incontinent a$$ buddy."

But that's just me. 

And perpetuate the animosity that will destroy the country.  

not-a-great-plan-iron-man.gif

• Applause 2

RochesterRob
6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It will take more than some dialog to bridge the gap.  Even if the two talked that would not stop the likes of Schumer and Pelosi to treat Trump "like a dope" for attempting a peace move.  People will never pull back from the edge to save the country.  As I said up thread it would take a very major overhaul of the entertainment industry among other things to reverse course.  People are constantly bombarded with hateful material which usually leans against the right.  Most people lack the critical thinking to analyze movie or television content to realize there is an intended slant by less than a majority of the nation.  People tend to think that if something is allowed on television then that must be how most people think.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Sure it is if you have the balls and brains to prove your point. 

Was the full-out launch of the Democrat "Trump is the devil" campaign they started last week a good one?

Following the Washington way of doing things has directly led us to this place, keep doing what you've always done and you'll get the same results you've always gotten. Last cycle's stuffed ballot boxes and 3am miracle tally reversals were enough, never again should the Dems feel comfortable enough to get away with that in the US of A.

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 2