Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’ve been involved in local and state politics in Rhode Island for the better part of two decades.

Rhode Island is one of the tightest Democrat strongholds in the country.

I don’t know *any* Democrat voters who are classical liberals, including close friends.

What, exactly, do you think a classical liberal moral philosophy is?

Socially liberal, center left with regards to economic policy.

SS had word that the shooter was down, before they stood Trump up (if the subtitles are accurate, i don't have sound when I play it).

• Like 5

I KNOW A HERO WHEN I SEE ONE

The Washington Post names me along with @elonmusk as one of several businessmen who are using their “megaphones” to spread “narratives” about the assassination attempt on President Trump.

I’m not sure what “narratives” they’re referring to, but I know what I saw, and I know what the crowd in Butler witnessed live.

. At it turns out, my father-in-law lives in Pennsylvania and he was at the rally on Saturday. When the shots rang out and Trump went down, he said pandemonium broke out around him. Everyone feared the worst.

But then Trump rose. Covered in his own blood, resisting the secret service’s efforts to whisk him away to safety, Trump raised his fist defiantly, and the crowd could see him say: “Fight. Fight. Fight.”

Immediately the fear of the crowd dissipated, the chaotic uncertainty lifted, and it was replaced with steely resolve. The crowd responded back as one: “USA, USA, USA!”

This is not a “narrative.” It is the truth. Trump stood defiant in the face of an assassin’s bullet. There is no way to fake courage like that.

It was more important for Trump to let the crowd know that he was unbowed and unbroken than to be taken to safety.

Donald Trump has already been in the fight of his life for months, as vindictive Democrats seek to imprison him, but on this day he came within inches of losing it. He has risked everything for this country. 

It is now up to us, the American people, to show him that he does not stand alone. Let us reject the lies, the hoaxes, the hate and the division that the media has spread about this brave man, and support his resounding victory in November.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 6

Deranged Rhino
59 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

In your day-to-day life, sure. But that's not this.

The counterpoint to that view is: That's how the baddies keep getting away with it. 

(See: RussiaGate and the political persecutions being done in the name of leftist lawfare all supported by the media and the establishment lackies... until they figured out they're going to lose and the other side is about to use their weapons against them).They push it too far - then call for mercy when the pendulum threatens to swing back their way. Then they stay in power, they stay in their positions of influence, festering and eating away at everything we hold dear as human beings, let alone Americans, until they push it too far again.)

Sooner or later, they (the dug in bureaucrats, establishment flunkies, and IC controlled politicians)  have to be shown the door. It's the only way. Turning the other cheek, now of all times after everything we've seen in just the past 8 years let alone 20+, doesn't work when it comes to fighting evil - it only invites more of it. 

It comes down to this: either you believe this is a fight between good and evil, or you don't. If you don't, then this is the path. But you'll soon figure out the path is a spiral staircase leading down, with no hope of escape.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 5
  • FANtastic 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
10 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Socially liberal, center left with regards to economic policy.

This isn’t accurate.

As I said, the Founders were largely classical liberals.

The philosophy was best embodied by Jefferson.

Their beliefs were not socially liberal. Social liberalism speaks to an *acceptance* or a *support*.

Classical liberalism requires *tolerance*.

Acceptance and support are not the same as tolerance.

”Tolerance” means *permissiveness* of existence.

“Support” and “permissiveness of existence” are not synonyms.

I myself, am extremely tolerant of progressive morality, assuming it’s contained to personal choice, and not expressed legislatively.

Classic liberalism espouses a *tolerance* of other social belief systems, but most of it’s adherents are socially conservative themselves. This is an ideal that it deeply rooted in traditional Christian belief, leading Jefferson to construct the Jeffersonian Bible, and then espousing that Christianity was the “most sublime and benevolent code of morals which has ever been offered to man”.

Economically, classic liberalism is rooted in Adam Smith’s “invisible hand”, the actualization of laissez faire.

There’s *nothing* “center left” in laissez faire principles.

So, I’ll again enter my appeal.

• FANtastic 1

Big Blitz

And for the Leftists that admit its a Heroic image, they've unmasked themselves the past 48 hours

The illusionary moral high ground was dropped off, they've been screaming and crying that they wish a man had been killed. 

The pretense of “we’re the good guys” was obliterated for anyone with some shred of self awareness. Everyone’s best and worst behavior was on full display…

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like 4
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

closer to 8-9 years than 5, but otherwise, yep!

• Like 6
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
9 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I give him an F for choice of weapons. I knocked a porcupine out of a tree in heavy wind 200+ yards away with a 30/06 bolt action. That is a better choice than a "AR style" rifle.

He was less than 150 yards out with what I'll assume to be an AR15 chambered in .223.  Even with a decent wind, that's a pretty easy shot.  A well built AR10 with a 20" BBL is just as effective as anything in the .300 ballistics range, since it's basically a .308.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He was less than 150 yards out with what I'll assume to be an AR15 chambered in .223.  Even with a decent wind, that's a pretty easy shot.  A well built AR10 with a 20" BBL is just as effective as anything in the .300 ballistics range, since it's basically a .308.

My step son who is 9... When my wife and I were trying to explain why trump didn't have his head blown off like a video game told him it was small calibre round, probably something like a .22 and showed him about how big that would be. ... He said no, it was probably a 25 caliber.

He plays video games and there is a .25 gun.

We said that doesn't exist.

He said, it was probably "a 50 cal then."

🤣🤣🤣

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

Chandemonium
1 hour ago, Boyst said:

My step son who is 9... When my wife and I were trying to explain why trump didn't have his head blown off like a video game told him it was small calibre round, probably something like a .22 and showed him about how big that would be. ... He said no, it was probably a 25 caliber.

He plays video games and there is a .25 gun.

We said that doesn't exist.

He said, it was probably "a 50 cal then."

🤣🤣🤣

.25 calibers absolutely exist. Most common are probably .25 ACP for pistol and .257 Roberts, .257 weatherby magnum and 25-06 for rifle, but there are others too.

• Like 1