Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

Deranged Rhino

Correct. Their calls for toning down the rhetoric are not only insincere, they're how they keep getting away with it time and time again. Sooner or later, enough has to be enough. There is not unifying with people who gleefully want you and your family dead just for not being a sheep.

These aren't good people. These aren't noble journalists or pundits who got "caught up in the moment". They're despicable, cruel, vile human beings who have been actively trying to undermine every core principle of this country for decades. 

&#%$ them. And &#%$ their calls for unity.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A lot of the criticism, even from Bongino, is speculative at this point.

But THIS is a good point.  You've got eyes on a guy for a couple minutes who's crawling around on a roof with what may be a rifle.  How do you not at least block the line of sight between possible threat and principal? 

(Not that I want agents to take a bullet...but it's their job to get between threats and principals.)

or, ya know, send someone to investigate.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino

There are very good reasons for law enforcement to not want to share/sensationalize the shooter's social media footprint. We are adults, for the most part, and can handle being told "we need to wait until we finish the initial investigation". 

But the idea that this kid has no social media footprint, and that the FBI can't get into his phone (after everything we saw with J6ers phones and the FBI) - that just smacks of a coverup. Even if it's just a comms mess up in how they worded it, how can anyone with a working brain come to the conclusion that they're hiding something when they make a statement like that? 

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1

devnull
23 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I looked up the legislative calendar and it appears that both houses are on recess this week due to the convention. Can the bill be pulled when Congress isn’t in session?

I hope not.  

I get why the bill should be pulled but doing so while Congress is not in session sets a very bad precedent

And from a political strategy point of view, let the bill sit in limbo until after the Democrat convention and use it to deflate any post convention bounce

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Reid Hoffman: 

Epstein Island visitor (multiple times) ✔️

Was one of the first/primary sources pushing the Steele Dossier for the IC ✔️

Said he wants to make Trump a martyr in the recent past. ✔️

Now is begging for mercy and calm. 

&#%$.

That.

Oh, and I forgot. He did this too. He's been in with the IC since day one in the op

• Like 2
  • Angry 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, and I forgot. He did this too. He's been in with the IC since day one in the op

I stopped reading at "Reid Hoffman."

How can you be named "Reid Hoffman" and not be an inveterate @$$h@l&?  

• Haha 3

Many of you know my friend, Salena Zito. She's an excellent reporter who writes with great affection about rural America. 

On Saturday, she was four feet from Donald Trump when the shooting started. That's her on the ground, beneath a campaign staffer determined to protect her.

Her account is here, and worth a read, if you value an eyewitness report from an actual journalist. https://bit.ly/463gdLn

Salena is still in shock, but had the presence of mind to document what she saw on a day that will be discussed for many days to come. I'm proud of her, and glad she's okay.

I have some other thoughts, too, but think I'll wait a bit to share them publicly. In general, I think it's fair to say that Donald Trump was not the only one who dodged a bullet yesterday. I think America did, as well. As with so many other moments in history, this one came down to a centimeter or two. Truly chilling to imagine the reaction, had that bullet found its intended target.

Condolences to the families of the victims. The fatality is a retired fire chief, who died protecting his daughters. https://fxn.ws/3WlTKGe Tragic.

• Cheers 4
  • Love 2

Chandemonium
29 minutes ago, devnull said:

I hope not.  

I get why the bill should be pulled but doing so while Congress is not in session sets a very bad precedent

And from a political strategy point of view, let the bill sit in limbo until after the Democrat convention and use it to deflate any post convention bounce

I’m not suggesting it should be pulled, or not pulled for that matter. But since other people are calling for it to be pulled I’m genuinely wondering if it even can be at the moment. It seems to me probably not but I don’t know the rules.

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Bad idea.  He should go scorched earth because that will solve all the issues 😏

Deranged Rhino

Turning the other cheek to these people won't work. It will only encourage them to keep going. 

It's a foolish thing to even attempt. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 5
  • clown 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Nouseforaname said:

Bad idea.  He should go scorched earth because that will solve all the issues 😏

He should in terms of rooting out the villains dug into the bureaucracy, government, and IC. No mercy. 

Otherwise, we'll be back here again in a few months.

• Like 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Turning the other cheek to these people won't work. It will only encourage them to keep going. 

Libs of TikTok is exposing these people, and many are getting fired from their place of work. I bet she'd like this guy identified.

• Like 4
  • Popcorn 1

Deranged Rhino

Correct. 

&#%$ these people and their shameless attempts to wash their hands of this as if they had no part in it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

if you could get famous for killing hitler and saving democracy ... and you're mentally ill with nothing else to offer life because you've been drinking kool aid being told you're a worthless single cis white male.... yeah.... yolo

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

If trump never took the stage it would have been catastrophic. He would have appeared scared, he would have looked weak...

The Dems can honestly just put decoys and fake threats at this point to weaken trump. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. 

&#%$ these people and their shameless attempts to wash their hands of this as if they had no part in it. 

No need for a plan or prescription to achieve unity.

Biden's support knows that plan is: demand everything, compromise on nothing, ostracize those who disagree.  Then unity is achieved.

• Like 4