Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Whatever.  I just think that having difficulty accessing a phone (account) was the worst explanation possible that could have been offered on the subject.  If any of us were the subject of a criminal investigation and the authorities needed access to our phones ASAP they would have it so fast that our heads would spin.  

1) The FBI's leading the investigation, not the USSS.

2) There's been plenty of publicly reported cases about the FBI needing assistance from phone/OS manufacturers to break in to a phone, and not getting it without a warrant.  A quick search found three stories about twelve separate disputes over the past eight years with Apple alone.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

If trump is assassinated you create a martyr.  What are you disputing ?

No martyr has ever successfully run for President.

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is the way. Hold them to the light. Make them squirm under the weight of their own excrement that they've spewed for years without remorse. 

Except that you're presuming, contrary to any and all evidence, that they can feel shame and remorse.

These are the same people that think the failure of The Acolyte is entirely the fault of THE CRITICS.  The can't feel shame and remorse, as they lack any sort of introspection or self-awareness.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No martyr has ever successfully run for President.

Whoever would take his place would have beaten Biden or Bidens replacement. 

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm sorry but the SS has access to the best experts including technical equipment.  I don't buy that they could not access the would be assassin's phone in short order.  If he was a lone squirrel any speculation as to a wider plot could have been put to bed in short order and the SS would have done so by disclosure.  Almost 48 hours has past which is plenty of time to manipulate information.  In my mind the AR15 was to be the icing on the cake for the left as it would have been the rallying cry to completely pull access from the public.  I think the people running the game can play at least 3D chess with an opportunity of epic proportions.  In 2024 I would not be holding my breath for definitive proof as the people involved are no doubt well skilled as to sweeping up evidence.  

But USSS doesn't have the phone anymore as the FBI has taken over the investigation. But either way, either a DEI Director at USSS or a corrupt FBI Director at the FBI I think you already know why they can't access the phone. 

Now if the assassin had been in DO on J6 they would have had every bit of data off it long ago.... 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

Whoever would take his place would have beaten Biden or Bidens replacement. 

giphy.webp

Your grossly underestimate the level of sheer &#%$ery going on in this election.

• Like 4

devnull
10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Except that you're presuming, contrary to any and all evidence, that they can feel shame and remorse.

These are the same people that think the failure of The Acolyte is entirely the fault of THE CRITICSFANS. The can't feel shame and remorse, as they lack any sort of introspection or self-awareness.

FTFY

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

1) The FBI's leading the investigation, not the USSS.

2) There's been plenty of publicly reported cases about the FBI needing assistance from phone/OS manufacturers to break in to a phone, and not getting it without a warrant.  A quick search found three stories about twelve separate disputes over the past eight years with Apple alone.

When I worked in communications FEMA came to town and got what they wanted yesterday. For example, T3s from the phone carrier.

Nouseforaname
15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

giphy.webp

Your grossly underestimate the level of sheer &#%$ery going on in this election.

Not true.  I’m confident in my speculation but there’s no real way to know.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

When I worked in communications FEMA came to town and got what they wanted yesterday. For example, T3s from the phone carrier.

Yes, but infrastructure for emergency response (that I'll bet has pre-existing agreements in place) isn't breaking phone encryption.

And again...it's well attributed over the past eight years that the FBI has trouble - both technically in-house, and administratively getting phone manufacturer's help - breaking into phones.

Fansince88
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yes, but infrastructure for emergency response (that I'll bet has pre-existing agreements in place) isn't breaking phone encryption.

And again...it's well attributed over the past eight years that the FBI has trouble - both technically in-house, and administratively getting phone manufacturer's help - breaking into phones.

Many high profile cases in the recent past prove your point. that said, although I remember this in the past i cant place the cases off hand so I am basically useless. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

Strikes me as entirely fair.

And nothing more than show, since Jill's going to slap "executive privilege" on this so fast it'll make your head swim.

• Like 1

devnull
9 minutes ago, Ann said:

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Strikes me as entirely fair.

And nothing more than show, since Jill's going to slap "executive privilege" on this so fast it'll make your head swim.

USSS falls under the DHS

Impeach Mayorkas again

7 hours ago, Ann said:

Many of you know my friend, Salena Zito. She's an excellent reporter who writes with great affection about rural America. 

On Saturday, she was four feet from Donald Trump when the shooting started. That's her on the ground, beneath a campaign staffer determined to protect her.

Her account is here, and worth a read, if you value an eyewitness report from an actual journalist. https://bit.ly/463gdLn

Salena is still in shock, but had the presence of mind to document what she saw on a day that will be discussed for many days to come. I'm proud of her, and glad she's okay.

I have some other thoughts, too, but think I'll wait a bit to share them publicly. In general, I think it's fair to say that Donald Trump was not the only one who dodged a bullet yesterday. I think America did, as well. As with so many other moments in history, this one came down to a centimeter or two. Truly chilling to imagine the reaction, had that bullet found its intended target.

Condolences to the families of the victims. The fatality is a retired fire chief, who died protecting his daughters. https://fxn.ws/3WlTKGe Tragic.

Salena Zito is a great reporter. There should be more like her.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 2

Uncle Joe
30 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Speaking of preexisting agreements, little known fact there Cliffy, when I broke my leg in NE Oregon there was no inter state agreements between the Oregon and Idaho National Guards. Therefore I had to wait overnight for a Blackhawk from Salem when I should have had one the same day from Boise Idaho. Apparently they have an agreement now, but it sucked to be the litmus test.