Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Except that you're presuming, contrary to any and all evidence, that they can feel shame and remorse.

These are the same people that think the failure of The Acolyte is entirely the fault of THE CRITICS.  The can't feel shame and remorse, as they lack any sort of introspection or self-awareness.

All very true. Which is why I'm stressing the part about making it (non violently / talking lawfare) as painful for them as possible to go about their public lives. Use the (lawfare) weapons they unleased on them (everyone from politicians to staffers to pundits) and bury them so that at least the next two generations of replacements (which there always will be) will at least think twice before joining the stupid parade. 

But you're right, ultimately, I'm more than likely asking for too much. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Guy In Pants
16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, and I forgot. He did this too. He's been in with the IC since day one in the op

He looks like a real winner

The Guy In Pants
5 hours ago, Ann said:

Insane

They are further gone than I had feared

• Like 1

Nelson59

DA in Butler county needs to open a grand jury investigation into the shooting . A resident was murdered, God bless him and his family. That is not an FBI case.

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All very true. Which is why I'm stressing the part about making it (non violently / talking lawfare) as painful for them as possible to go about their public lives. Use the (lawfare) weapons they unleased on them (everyone from politicians to staffers to pundits) and bury them so that at least the next two generations of replacements (which there always will be) will at least think twice before joining the stupid parade. 

I get the whole retaliation angle, and you are asking for too much.  
Real, talented people already think twice about entering public service.  9 out of 10 times they reject the awful grind and retaliation that comes with the job.  That’s why the “stupid parade” already exists.  It is full of more stupidity than ever.  You want to make it even less likely that anyone worthwhile will want to be left standing to run things. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

devnull
1 hour ago, Nelson59 said:

DA in Butler county needs to open a grand jury investigation into the shooting . A resident was murdered, God bless him and his family. That is not an FBI case.

There are jurisdictional complications with this.

Attempted Murder is obviously a felony in PA

Attempting to assassinate a former President is a Federal offense

When you have overlapping crimes, law enforcement agencies and prosecutors tend to reach an agreement who takes point

Considering the political visibility of this event, the Feds are going to want to be primary with the Commonwealth of PA secondary.

There are jurisdictional concerns within PA as well.  The Butler county DA is subordinate to the PA Attorney General, who is a Democrat

Edited by devnull
  • Cheers 3

RochesterRob

Jack Black now putting distance between himself and his bandmate's comments about the assassination attempt on Trump.

• Haha 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I agree with this.

People, for some wacky and stupid reason, keep implying that I suggested extending the olive branch or turn the other cheek, above.  Nothing of the sort.  But that's not even remotely what I said.  I said both sides need to come together, at the very top, and agree to tone down the rhetoric together.  

But then the ones that don't abide by that agreement, you pound in to the dirt like misanthropic tent pegs.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Jack Black now putting distance between himself and his bandmate's comments about the assassination attempt on Trump.

He should spend some time in a monastery... lots of time.

devnull
5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

No, cuz then he'd release a Gregorian chants album and f*ck it up 

• Haha 1

RochesterRob
2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The Abbey (Trappist Monks) of the Genesee have an opening.  I doubt Black could handle all the silence (outside of Mass) but maybe that is your point.  Foxx could stop in from time to time to keep an eye on him.

30 minutes ago, Ann said:

Blindsided:classic_dry:  The backlash right now must be big even with the Hollywood crowd.

Of course, right after his bandmate said that, Jack said "thank you" in response.

He didn't seem too upset at the comment at the time.

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

devnull
Just now, Hedge said:

The Worst Clown Show in Washington - by Paul Waldman

Okay, so devils advocate.  I'll accept leaving it unguarded.  However I do not accept leaving it uncovered.

If anything that particular rooftop should have been identified a weak spot that required additional surveillance.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2