Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

Very interesting thread:

Let me explain to people who have never worked a concert venue before…. 

After Jack Black & his band Tenacious D celebrated the near assassination of Trump on Saturday they got about 10,000 calls and texts from all the concert venues they’d booked canceling their reservations. You see these places have to carry insurance to cover any mass casualty event. Some places it’s literally the law they have to have a certain level of coverage.

That insurance is very very expensive as you can imagine as you can be talking about 1000’s of people and potential liability. Insurance companies will even ask you to take out additional insurance for a specific event over and above the base insurance the venue carries

Wonder why your concert ticket is so high? 

Thank Axl Rose (Google it kid)

So what do you think happened the second Jack Black and Company said this? Threat levels went off the charts. Phone calls to the concert venues, texts, emails, social media posts. All hell broke lose and there was no way in &#%$ these venues could afford the level of security these insurers were now wanting or could afford the new insurance bill they were going to be asked to pay.

So no… Jack Blacks heart didn’t magically grow 3 sizes that day. He didn’t have any self reflection. He didn’t suddenly have a moral compass. 

He got his tour cancelled. He lost money. Won’t be getting on stage high on the good weed and shrooms and jamming with his buddies for millions of dollars and fans fanning his ago. 

He will fly back from Australia and sit in his mansion getting high feeling incredibly put upon to have to pretend to have morals.

From comments:

11.jpg.18d59363be3f91c40a2c54a9dc6f834b.jpg

• Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Appreciate the response (and conversation as always) :beer: 

I think it comes down to a question of whether or not you still believe we have a functioning republic. If you believe that the core checks and balances are still in place, that the constitution is still being upheld by the people we put into power, and that the republic's institutions and agencies - while sometimes hyper partisan - are operating on the level more or less; then any proposed solution to our problems should be surgical in nature - if only to preserve the very liberties we are both interested in preserving. 

But if you believe, as I do, that the constitution itself has been undermined to the point of rendering the checks and balances ineffective (if not outright obsolete) - and it was done with intent and purpose to increase the power (both financial and governmental) of certain select groups and individuals at the expense of the People's liberties and freedoms; then a surgical solution won't do anything but prolong the illusion of a functioning republic. 

Think about what has happened to our liberties and freedoms over the past 24 years in the name of the security state and "keeping us safe":

*the right to free speech (seriously chilled and getting more chilled every day since 9/11/01)

*the right to privacy (gone since at least 2003)

*the 5th, 6th, 8th and 10th amendments gone, or crippled to the point of irrelevance, all in the name of fighting "the war on terror" - which has morphed into any enemy the state deems a threat, even its own People. 

All that happened while we weren't fighting back. Heck, most of that happened with gleeful support of the majority of the country because they believed in the good will of our political class, and that their goal was truly to keep us safe, not feather their own nests and castles. 

Since then, we've seen the FBI and IC used as a tool by the outgoing president to frame an innocent president-elect, while railroading dozens of innocent people to make their case stick - not in court, but in the minds of the People. People's lives were ruined if not changed forever, men like Flynn, Page, even the less savory types like Manafort and Cohen. All that was done intentionally in order to undermine the peaceful transition of power and deny the People's voice in how their government is run. That little stunt divided the nation to unheard of levels since the 1860s. All the while the media, which has a revolving door between the executive and the IC and the studio sets, ran cover for the culprits - shaming, canceling, or publicly destroying the lives of anyone who questions their falsehoods.

Then, when their "team" took back power, did they show grace? Nope. Did they slow down their assaults on our liberties, freedoms, and the bedrock of our Republic itself? Not even a little. In fact, they accelerated their attacks.    

Don't get me wrong, I want to find a surgical solution to all of this, just like you. Even in my passionate (maybe too passionate) diatribes here, I'm not calling for violence or vigilante justice. I don't want to encourage the cycle of violence or hyper-partisanship to keep repeating. That's been my goal since day 1 when I started to see the machine for what it truly is. It's why I went as hard and as vocal as I did in 2017-2019 on the old boards. 

That was our chance as a nation to expose it all, and start cleaning up the mess in a traditionally "American" way - using the legal system to expose, charge, and prosecute the ones responsible for the palace coup. Had that happened, I truly believe a lot of the other stuff would have been handled by default - or at least chilled. People like Brennan, Clapper, Biden, Hillary, and their flunkies being tried and found guilty of their clear crimes against the constitution would have done more to heal the nation than any moment since the Moon Landing - even with the ensuing chaos that would have gone down from the usual suspects as those trials went on. 

Now we're here. We can either keep pretending like these are normal times and our country is functioning in peak form - or we can be honest about the rot, corruption, and evil we're facing (that is not partisan - but systemic in nature) and about what needs to be done to fix it before it's too late. 

All that said, I still don't know the answer and am not claiming to. I just know doing nothing, turning the other cheek, or taking the high ground isn't the answer. I do like your proposal, and it should be something that happens every 4 years - along with term limits - and we'd be at least starting on the path towards finding the answer.  

But it didn't happen. The administration feared what you fear - the backlash and what such a sweeping case (likely pulling in dozens if not tens of dozens of sitting and former members of our government and its institutions, including IC heads and lieutenants) would do to the country. So they let it go, thinking they would definitely win a second term and would be able to "reason" with these lunatics. 

Then we saw what the lunatics did to make sure they escaped punishment. Whether you want to believe Covid was an organic crisis, or an engineered one, the end result was the same. Our fear was once again used against us to make us look the other way while rules were re-written, laws were ignored, and the People's say in their own government was once again denied to them by the "adults in the room" who are now calling on people to calm down. 

It's more un-American and against everything the Founders believed in to sit back and do nothing at this stage out of fear of blowback. Hell, these were the dudes who launched a war against the greatest power the world had ever known at that point just because the Brits tried to tax their tea. What do you think they would say about today's environment. 

Jefferson said it best in the Declaration of Independence: 

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

We've hit that point in the American story. 

We had a discussion about this back in 2018.  But we weren't talking about rank-and-file people.

It is a shame that Trump didn't accomplish more while in office.  He started the ball rolling, I know, inside SSA when he started an institutional focus on efficiency and results.  None of it had to do with partisanship.  It was about running the agency like a private business.  I'd guess that wasn't the only agency that was somewhat reformed.

I think COVID wrecked whatever plans he had to clean out the #resist crowd.  And maybe he should have done more about it when he had the chance.  I think he was waiting to get to his second term.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Deranged Rhino

Yup. 

The only wrinkle with this is that would mean it’s not Biden or Obama calling that shot (if such a thing is happening, speculating) - if they pin it on Iran it undercuts their long term goal of normalizing relations w Iran. 

Others in the establishment IC/neocon/neoliberal sects thought? 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Seeing reports of police shooting someone near the RNC. Most are saying he was a potential shooter but I saw a few disputing that saying he had knives.

Edit.

Edit 2. Appears to be unrelated to RNC.

Edited by LB3
  • Angry 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. 

The only wrinkle with this is that would mean it’s not Biden or Obama calling that shot (if such a thing is happening, speculating) - if they pin it on Iran it undercuts their long term goal of normalizing relations w Iran. 

If it is Trump, he brought it upon himself with his mean tweets and tough words and it's not really be Iran's fault, so kumbaya.  /regime logic

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

I'm having a very difficult time harnessing my man crush on Elon.  He literally changed the world when he bought twitter.  He's one of the most famous people in the world and he interfaces with everyone like he's just a regular dude.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. 

My thought was the second, potentially including "Payment for services rendered," of a sort.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm having a very difficult time harnessing my man crush on Elon.  He literally changed the world when he bought twitter.  He's one of the most famous people in the world and he interfaces with everyone like he's just a regular dude.

Don't care much about his buying Twitter.  Don't care much about Tesla (driven one, they have stupid features that any normal driver could have told engineers were nonsensical).

But what he's done with SpaceX alone is utterly remarkable.  

(And The Boring Company.  What's not to like about a guy who has a company that manufactures personal flamethrowers?)

• Popcorn 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If only he wasted less time on social media and used his talents on more worthwhile causes.

Though he can be a bit of a man child based on his dispute with open ai.

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Don't care much about his buying Twitter.  Don't care much about Tesla (driven one, they have stupid features that any normal driver could have told engineers were nonsensical).

But what he's done with SpaceX alone is utterly remarkable.  

(And The Boring Company.  What's not to like about a guy who has a company that manufactures personal flamethrowers?)

Just leased a model 3.  Have to disagree with you.  

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
25 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

If only he wasted less time on social media and used his talents on more worthwhile causes.

Though he can be a bit of a man child based on his dispute with open ai.

I mean, he *owns* of of the world’s largest social media platforms, and is it’s face, as he works to facilitate (mostly) free speech in an environment which was prior bereft of it.

In today’s world, I’m not sure there’s anything more important he could be doing with his time.

Oh, other than privatizing space travel and pushing EVs.

What did you do today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

Nouseforaname
4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I mean, he *owns* of of the world’s largest social media platforms, and is it’s face, as he works to facilitate (mostly) free speech in an environment which was prior bereft of it.

In today’s world, I’m not sure there’s anything more important he could be doing with his time.

What did you do today?

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

What did you do today?

Twitter and social media in general is toxic. The world is not better off because of it.

Me? I went to the beach with my kids. 

45 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Just leased a model 3.  Have to disagree with you.  

spacer.png

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Twitter and social media in general is toxic. The world is not better off because of it.

Strongly disagree. 

News can get around the world fastest via X (twitter). If Musk had not purchased twitter, exactly what would we know about the Trump assassination attempt? That he fell off the stage after hearing a loud noise?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

bdutton
1 hour ago, Ann said:

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's an American Treasure and a National Hero.  &#%$ing Legend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Well, on a certain level, it makes a lot of sense that the Iranians would want to take out 45.  Which administrations literally gave Iranians pallets of cash and weakened sanctions against the Mullahs?  Which administration considered them part of an "Axis of Evil" and actively worked to thwart their interests?

Surprised it took them this long to start considering doing something drastic if in fact they have started considering it.

• Like 1