Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

devnull
15 minutes ago, Ann said:

You wanna guess what that HTTPS certificate you loaded on this site does?

• I don't know 1
  • ? 1

Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Aren’t apps like WhatsApp and signal encrypted?

"Encrypted" - but with backdoors built in by/for the IC. Snowden and Assange leaks confirmed this with both (plus TOR). 

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Encrypted" - but with backdoors built in by/for the IC. Snowden and Assange leaks confirmed this with both (plus TOR). 

I’m not doubting that but surface level it’s still encrypted. 

10 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Aren’t apps like WhatsApp and signal encrypted?

Whatapp!? You gotta be kiddin'. 

• Popcorn 1

Nouseforaname
Just now, Ann said:

Whatapp!? You gotta be kiddin'. 

That’s what they state, whether it is is beyond my pay grade. 

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m not doubting that but surface level it’s still encrypted. 

/dev and others would know about the technical side than I ever could - but yes. I imagine enough so that most local law enforcement couldn't get in, probably lower level feds too. But if they (NSA/FBI-NSD and above) want/need to get in, they can get in (assuming he's using those programs). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ann said:

The officer who confronted Thomas Matthew Crooks on the roof radioed a "blanket tactical channel" that there was "an individual on the roof with a weapon" before the assassination attempt on President Trump.

Why wasn't President Trump immediately evacuated?

Was the Secret Service listening to this "blanket tactical channel"?

Two officers went to the lowest point of the building. One officer boosted the other high enough to reach the roof, where he saw the shooter with a weapon.

Crooks turned and pointed his weapon at the officer, who then ducked and fell off the roof.

"The boosting officer and the officer that fell were both on the radio indicating that there was an individual on the roof that did, in fact, have a weapon."

"There was a blanket tactical channel being used. Everyone who was on that tactical channel heard it."

How much time was there between that radio communication and the gun being fired at President Trump?

It's bad enough that the Secret Service didn't put anyone on the most obvious roof 150 yards away.

But after two police officers radioed in that there was a guy on the roof with a gun, why wasn't President Trump immediately evacuated?

It struck me that if one of those officers had just fired their weapon in the air, it could have distracted the shooter and quickly drawn the USSS attention that way and he could have been dealt with. Maybe there is a reason that would be a bad idea, just throwing it out there. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Vark said:

It struck me that if one of those officers had just fired their weapon in the air, it could have distracted the shooter and quickly drawn the USSS attention that way and he could have been dealt with. Maybe there is a reason that would be a bad idea, just throwing it out there. 

Probably would have got the officers shot, if the ROE was to engage shooters after they open fire.

• Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, Vark said:

You can’t think of any reasons why discharging your weapon into the air *at a political rally for the Office of President of all places* is bad idea?

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

You can’t think of any reasons why discharging your weapon into the air *at a political rally for the Office of President of all places* is bad idea?

It's just a magic talisman.  It's not dangerous or anything.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

16 minutes ago, Vark said:

Sounds like he had to duck to not get shot. I do not think shooting in the air would have been a good thing. Shooting the would-be assassin, however...

• O Rly 1

Fansince88
8 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

That has to be photo shopped.  The animal weighs over 1,000 lbs and the trusses are most likely 24" apart.  The roof metal is 29ga.  Also, the hooves are quite smooth on the bottom.  

rating is 27lbs per square foot dead weight.  

Hockey Mom
10 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

rating is 27lbs per square foot dead weight.  

Animal would be considered Live Load, the rating could be quite a bit higher.

• Cheers 2

Fansince88
5 hours ago, Ann said:

The officer who confronted Thomas Matthew Crooks on the roof radioed a "blanket tactical channel" that there was "an individual on the roof with a weapon" before the assassination attempt on President Trump.

Why wasn't President Trump immediately evacuated?

Was the Secret Service listening to this "blanket tactical channel"?

Two officers went to the lowest point of the building. One officer boosted the other high enough to reach the roof, where he saw the shooter with a weapon.

Crooks turned and pointed his weapon at the officer, who then ducked and fell off the roof.

"The boosting officer and the officer that fell were both on the radio indicating that there was an individual on the roof that did, in fact, have a weapon."

"There was a blanket tactical channel being used. Everyone who was on that tactical channel heard it."

How much time was there between that radio communication and the gun being fired at President Trump?

It's bad enough that the Secret Service didn't put anyone on the most obvious roof 150 yards away.

But after two police officers radioed in that there was a guy on the roof with a gun, why wasn't President Trump immediately evacuated?

I can tell you all of this but that piece of pertinent info I do not have. Huh.

• Cheers 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Probably would have got the officers shot, if the ROE was to engage shooters after they open fire.

John Malkovich Red GIF

Fansince88
31 minutes ago, Hockey Mom said:

Animal would be considered Live Load, the rating could be quite a bit higher.

Kind of my point.  Not thinking it is real. Lets just say it is 800lbs. The hooves cover a total of 9 sq inches. per each. That doesn't fare well for the cow. 

Also, I see you have only posted twice. Are you here often or no?

Edited by Fansince88

Hockey Mom
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Kind of my point.  Not thinking it is real. Lets just say it is 800lbs. The hooves cover a total of 9 sq inches. per each. That doesn't fare well for the cow. 

Been here since Roy was a garden gnome. Only post when I drink.

It's complicated on the loads. You would need specs on what I assume prefab metal structure. Trusses are likely steel and we don't know what is under the metal roofing. If it is plywood it will spread the load to trusses. Doesn't matter but I think perhaps a roof may support a cow, maybe?

• Like 1

Hockey Mom
13 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Oops, sorry that was Sabre Space

dr. who
2 minutes ago, Hockey Mom said:

Oops, sorry that was Sabre Space

Well, the Sabres do make one want to drink.