Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

11 minutes ago, Hockey Mom said:

Yep, but I watch all the games.

Hence the drinking…

You should join @Augie, @mead107 and me every day at wine o’clock.

:wine:

• Cheers 2

Just now, Hockey Mom said:

Where's wine o'clock> Far far away?

5pm, unless it is earlier 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

RochesterRob
27 minutes ago, Hockey Mom said:

Been here since Roy was a garden gnome. Only post when I drink.

It's complicated on the loads. You would need specs on what I assume prefab metal structure. Trusses are likely steel and we don't know what is under the metal roofing. If it is plywood it will spread the load to trusses. Doesn't matter but I think perhaps a roof may support a cow, maybe?

Looks like some kind of fair grounds where the event was held.  I've never seen a building on such a grounds with steel trusses meaning they are made of wood.  With 2 X 4's nailed onto the truss and the roof metal either nailed or screwed onto the 2 X 4's.  Smooth hoof bottoms and smooth steel do not mix even if by some miracle the roof metal holds the weight and the cow ALWAYS places feet where 2 X 4 and truss meet.  All that aside dairy farmers go through great lengths including grooving concrete floors as cows slip fairly easy and can break legs meaning a quick trip to the slaughter house.  

Hockey Mom

Don't know much about cows,  If said cow is on a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood, it works out to 25 pounds per square foot on said sheet. Wood is forgiving and there is a safety factor built in to the ratings. Don't mean to argue. I'm a senior citizen architect and could have forgotten stuff.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
47 minutes ago, dr. who said:

Well, the Sabres do make one want to drink.

It's pretty much the only use they get out of ice.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Hockey Mom said:

Where's wine o'clock> Far far away?

21 minutes ago, Ann said:

5pm, unless it is earlier 

Great excuse to post this 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Hedge said:

Great excuse to post this 

image.jpeg

Or the sun is always over the yardarm, if the yardarm is struck down on deck...

RochesterRob
6 minutes ago, Hockey Mom said:

Don't know much about cows,  If said cow is on a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood, it works out to 25 pounds per square foot on said sheet. Wood is forgiving and there is a safety factor built in to the ratings. Don't mean to argue. I'm a senior citizen architect and could have forgotten stuff.

We are all friends here even if we intensely disagree from time to time.  That said I've never seen a pole barn with plywood underlay for the roof.  Most designs carry a snow load rating which would help determine what weights a roof would carry in terms of person, tools, and power equipment such as a generator.  A 1,000 pound cow would more or less place 250 pounds on each hoof with said hoof being well under a square foot.  Cows and roofs do not mix nor would horses and roofs would mix.  

Hockey Mom

I'm not sure what we saw was a pole barn or a prefab steel structure.  I don't know.  If I get bored I'll try to research more.

Peace out.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

We are all friends here even if we intensely disagree from time to time.  That said I've never seen a pole barn with plywood underlay for the roof.  Most designs carry a snow load rating which would help determine what weights a roof would carry in terms of person, tools, and power equipment such as a generator.  A 1,000 pound cow would more or less place 250 pounds on each hoof with said hoof being well under a square foot.  Cows and roofs do not mix nor would horses and roofs would mix.  

Speaking of tanks, there's two ways to rate the load.  One is ground pressure - the weight distributed on contact with the ground (M4A3E8 Sherman had a ground pressure of about 14psi, depending on the type of track).  The second is the load imposed on a structure designed for a given weight - a Sherman weighed about 30 tons, so would require a bridge designed for at least that, otherwise collapse the bridge regardless of the ground pressure.

I can't really think cows are that much different from tanks: a cow might put 20 psi on a hoof (wild-ass guess - I have no idea the total area of a cow's hoof), but as long as the material supports that and the cow doesn't punch through, then the overall capacity of the structure to bear the total load comes in to play.  

In other words, I think y'all might be arguing two different concepts.

Hockey Mom

Maybe that's what you engineers for. I'm not too worried about point loads, because they are moving.

devnull
10 hours ago, devnull said:

You wanna guess what that HTTPS certificate you loaded on this site does?

For those responding with a question mark or shrugging icon, the HTTPS certificate encrypts communication between your browser and a website

My point being, Trump's failed assassin may have used encrypted communications.  But so does everyone on the Internet

Edited by devnull
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 4

Trump's attempted assassin posted message before shooting: 'July 13 will be my premiere, watch as it unfolds'

Thomas Matthew Crooks apparently teased an attack online days before he climbed onto a roof and opened fire at a Pennsylvania campaign rally, killing one and injuring others, including former President Donald Trump, Fox News has learned.

Secret Service and FBI officials told U.S. senators during an all-members briefing on Wednesday, July 17, that Crooks, 20, wrote a threatening message on the gaming platform "Steam" days before the attempted assassination in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13, Fox News’ Jacqui Heinrich reported.

According to the officials, Crooks allegedly wrote: "July 13 will be my premiere, watch as it unfolds."

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

19 minutes ago, Ann said:

Is there one serious adult in ALL of DC?

Haven't seen one yet.

• Like 2
  • I don't know 1