Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump Assassination Attempt, July 13, 2024 Butler PA and Florida

Ann

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Brute force" isn't a back door.  And everything can be brute forced if you have the time and money.  

Security isn't about blocking attacks.  It's about making attacks so difficult and pointless that attackers can't break in in a timely fashion.  It's why the security of tactical radios is measured in days, but the security of SSA data is measured in centuries.

understood. but thinking more the whole process of gaining access and should have used that vs brute force/backdoor etc.

• Like 1

Pittsburgh Secret Service field office head, others placed on leave after Trump assassination attempt

The head of the Secret Service’s Pittsburgh field office and several other agents have reportedly been sidelined amid the ongoing probe into last month’s assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump.

The agents were placed on leave as the agency’s internal affairs division continues to investigate how the 20-year-old sniper was able to open fire on Trump at his July 13 campaign rally in Butler, Pa., CBS News reported Friday, citing a source familiar with the matter. 

It wasn’t immediately clear how many of the field office’s agents were put on leave, or when they were sidelined.

The group of agents specifically assigned to Trump’s security detail remain in operation, separate sources told RealClear Politics.

The move has sparked internal speculation that the Pittsburgh field office will likely bear the brunt of the blame for the security failures, the sources said.

</snip>

Fansince88
On 8/21/2024 at 10:25 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

More to the point...they're trying to demonize "encryption."

Reminder: ALL your communications is encrypted.  Your cell phone calls.  Your wireless internet.  Access to your banking.  So why do you think they're demonizing it?

I guess the question is what accounts? I see what you are saying though. What are they going to want to take away next? 

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Absolutely ridiculous way to run a department THAT important.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Thats normal, right?

A discord channel in New Zealand for insider information to the concentrated kiwi juice futures, a Google phone number for Germany (I have one for example to talk to German colleagues), and a recipe site for waffles in Belgium. 

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Thats normal, right?

It's not usual to have encrypted apps communicating outside the US.  Especially for gaming

Hell, I knew people that used to VPN into Russia so they could play Lost Ark before it was released in the United States

Edited by devnull

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, devnull said:

It's not usual to have encrypted apps communicating outside the US.  Especially for gaming

Hell, I knew active duty military that used to VPN into Russia so they could play Lost Ark before it was released in the United States

I probably still have a couple foreign accounts for pirated sports broadcasts.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I probably still have a couple foreign accounts for pirated sports broadcasts.

Encrypted apps are one thing, but you were engaged in retransmitting without the express written consent of Major League Baseball

That's a capital offense

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, devnull said:

Encrypted apps are one thing, but you were engaged in retransmitting without the express written consent of Major League Baseball

That's a capital offense

I had implied oral consent.

Fansince88
2 hours ago, devnull said:

That's a capital offense

Only if he was watching Washington play.

The Babylon Bee headlines frequently make me laugh. This may be their best yet.

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Ann said:

The same people who demand to see Trump's medical records to prove that he was shot are the same people that don't have a problem with cremating the failed assassin and power washing the roof of the building on which he operated

• Angry 2
  • Cheers 3