Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Coup of 2024 - Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss

Nanker

devnull
53 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

LOL, my closed captioning has a sense of humor. Talking about Obama and Pelosi it translated it to "high pranking Democrats".

I loved closed captioning failures

With football season on the horizon, one of my favorite is when CC transcribes "He's hit" with "He sh*t"

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Yes, it could be written on a napkin but what campaign does not spend on stationary for itself?  Biden-Harris 2024 for example.  Just another thing to call the overall effort into question.  

Probably didn't write it on campaign letterhead either because they're keeping the campaign going for Harris, it's just that Biden's dropping out of it.

The entire statement was very carefully crafted.  There's a reason behind every word used, and behind every word not used (again, it doesn't even go near mentioning infirmity of any sort.)

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Is that true, that Biden's asking for all of that?  Or is Trump just being an @$$h@l& and making it up?

It's actually kind-of sad that either of those possibilities is likely.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And so it begins...

May be an illustration

So they whitewashed the black woman who's actually Indian?  And they're okay with that?  And is the pearl necklace a metaphor?

This &#%$ing election season...  :facepalm:

devnull
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And is the pearl necklace a metaphor?

For the Virtue Signalers to clutch

Gavin in Va Beach

My guess? Kamala is getting endorsements because Dems are petrified of how bad the optics would be if they shitcanned the first "black" woman Vice President from getting the nod with Biden dropping out. The powers behind the throne are likely already working on pressuring Harris to make some sort of "I want to earn it so let's have a new quick primary season ending at the Dem Convention" statement, where she'll then be replaced because everyone knows Harris has no chance.

7 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

My guess? Kamala is getting endorsements because Dems are petrified of how bad the optics would be if they shitcanned the first "black" woman Vice President from getting the nod with Biden dropping out. The powers behind the throne are likely already working on pressuring Harris to make some sort of "I want to earn it so let's have a new quick primary season ending at the Dem Convention" statement, where she'll then be replaced because everyone knows Harris has no chance.

Interesting.  There are so many ways for this to play out.  Personally, am expecting the people coming out to support Harris right now are doing so as an FU to the Obamas and a show of support for the Clintons.  But, other than getting back to being the presumptive lead of the D's, not sure what is actually in it for the Clintons.  Maybe that's enough as it sure seems from not just the cheap seats but sitting outside the entire stadium (so take this take for what it's worth - not much) that the Obamas are or have been the driving force in a lot of 46's agenda (at least until Rice left her role) and that has to chap the Clintons almost as much as somebody other than Hillary becoming the 1st female president chaps her.

Can't see them actually ending up with Harris when all is said and done, but again, am not even watching this game play out from inside the stadium.  Am watching on one of those giant screens right outside and you miss SO much from that perspective.  And, your theory is a reasonable joining of those 2 beliefs.  But maybe Harris really does end up the nominee and they use her "blackness"  :classic_blink: as a cover for not necessarily getting enough of a cheat to take the Oval Office but enough of one to keep from losing both the House and Senate races?

So many questions.  And this really is riveting.  (Wifey does NOT agree.  😉  )

Crap Throwing Clavin

Did anyone else know that, in Harris' 2016 Senate campaign, a Republican wasn't even allowed on the ballot in California?

• Wow 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Democrats force a candidate out of the race.

The Atlantic: Republicans Pounce!

Democrats spend four years insisting that Biden is not incapacitated and debilitated.  After they remove him from the race...Trump looks MORE deranged now that he's not running against a debilitated candidate!

• Facepalm 2

KD in CA
3 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I just think time is short and they need to pull everyone together ASAP.  Plus Harris gets Biden's campaign money without any hurdles if she's nominated (or so I read). 
And really, who else could they nominate?  Gavin?  Mayor Pete?  I don't see those guys winning.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And really, who else could they nominate?  Gavin?  Mayor Pete?  I don't see those guys winning.

Hillary.  

2016, she campaigned like her victory was a foregone conclusion, and probably pissed away a victory as a result.  Nominate her, and the Democrats will be galvanized to "right" that "wrong."

• Angry 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Hillary.  

2016, she campaigned like her victory was a foregone conclusion, and probably pissed away a victory as a result.  Nominate her, and the Democrats will be galvanized to "right" that "wrong."

And though I don't want to see Hillary anywhere near the Presidency...gotta admit, if the convention kicks off with her giving the opening speech and Harris the presumptive nomination, and ends with Hillary getting the nomination, the self-immolation of the Democratic Party would be spectacular.

• Haha 1

RochesterRob
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Hillary.  

Unless Hillary is playing 3D chess endorsing Harris is not the most direct approach to the POTUS nomination for Clinton.  As to galvanizing it will be on the order of Stalin organizing the rank and file Democrats.  Don't crack a smile if her pantsuit splits a seam in the crotch.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Unless Hillary is playing 3D chess endorsing Harris is not the most direct approach to the POTUS nomination for Clinton.

Agree.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

As to galvanizing it will be on the order of Stalin organizing the rank and file Democrats.  Don't crack a smile if her pantsuit splits a seam in the crotch.  

Disagree.  Have you seen how these lap dogs have rallied around Kamala?  And she's not even that popular, not even close to Hillary's popularity.

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And though I don't want to see Hillary anywhere near the Presidency...gotta admit, if the convention kicks off with her giving the opening speech and Harris the presumptive nomination, and ends with Hillary getting the nomination, the self-immolation of the Democratic Party would be spectacular.

Hillary ending up 47 is a scary thought.  Truly want to see no part of that, so am really hoping that she doesn't end up the nominee.  WWIII here we come in that case.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hillary ending up 47 is a scary thought.  Truly want to see no part of that, so am really hoping that she doesn't end up the nominee.  WWIII here we come in that case.

Hillary 2024!  Sponsored by the National Center for Assisted Living.

• Haha 2

RochesterRob
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Agree.

Disagree.  Have you seen how these lap dogs have rallied around Kamala?  And she's not even that popular, not even close to Hillary's popularity.

Don't confuse popularity with fear.  Hence the Stalin reference.  

Top Dems threatened to forcibly remove Biden from office unless he resigned, set him up to fail at Trump debate: Sources

Operatives at the very highest levels of the Democratic Party threatened Joe Biden with forcibly removing him from office unless he stepped down, sources told The Post.

The well-orchestrated “palace coup” to stop the faltering president seeking re-election has been in place for weeks, but stubborn Biden fought against it every step of the way, a source close to the Biden family told The Post Monday.

The insider also made clear the anger, paranoia and frustration Biden displayed as the party elite circled around him and piled on the pressure.

Part of the “elaborate” strategy to remove Biden from the race – as he announced in a shock letter posted on X Sunday – was allowing him to debate Republican candidate Donald Trump last month on live TV in Atlanta.

</snip>

As calls for him to bow out mounted, Biden insisted he would continue, but party bigwigs threatened to invoke the 25th Amendment to the US Constitution.

</snip>

• Like 1