Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Coup of 2024 - Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss

Nanker

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 7/28/2024 at 1:28 PM, devnull said:

I don't buy the whole "coup" Narrative

A coup implies a change in the power structure.  It's still the same crew pulling the strings behind the curtain.

All they did was replace their Muppet.

It's a gross violation of the Constitution, with party leadership in the legislature assuming executive power they do not have and aren't entitled to.

That's a coup.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

devnull
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's a gross violation of the Constitution, with party leadership in the legislature assuming executive power they do not have and aren't entitled to.

That's a coup.  

I agree with your premise, just not your conclusion.

A coup would be replacing Jim Henson with Jeff Dunham.

But they only replaced Walter with Janice

4merper4mer
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That's a coup.  

Now do Biden’s speech on the Supreme Court.  I could only watch about 90 seconds and it may be the most outrageous pile of dictatorial shit I have ever seen from a US politician.  It’s downright scary.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Now do Biden’s speech on the Supreme Court.  I could only watch about 90 seconds and it may be the most outrageous pile of dictatorial shit I have ever seen from a US politician.  It’s downright scary.

Really...I keep seeing liberals say "Trump's following Hitler's playbook to the letter!"  But not one of them can describe that "playbook" to me.  (Seriously, today..."Trump's fake assassination is the Reichstag fire!"  No...whether or not Trump got shot or faked getting shot is thoroughly irrelevant; not one person is advocating an Enabling Law either way.)

In the meantime, having read Mein Kampf, as well as Shirer, the Evans Trilogy, and maybe 30 other books on the Nazi Party...I see the Democrats following the Nazi playbook far more closely.  

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Really...I keep seeing liberals say "Trump's following Hitler's playbook to the letter!"  But not one of them can describe that "playbook" to me.  (Seriously, today..."Trump's fake assassination is the Reichstag fire!"  No...whether or not Trump got shot or faked getting shot is thoroughly irrelevant; not one person is advocating an Enabling Law either way.)

In the meantime, having read Mein Kampf, as well as Shirer, the Evans Trilogy, and maybe 30 other books on the Nazi Party...I see the Democrats following the Nazi playbook far more closely.  

You should break it down in a thread. Really, you should!

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's a reason for that... 

(and it goes back to Paperclip) :classic_ninja: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's a reason for that... 

(and it goes back to Paperclip) :classic_ninja: 

No it doesn't.  Paperclip was not a program to gather political philosophers and party leadership.  Many of them were merely "Nazis of convenience" (Von Braun, for example, ended up joining the party because it was the only way he could get funding.  He didn't care who he worked for, as long as he built rockets.)  Some weren't even party members.  But guys who prototyped swept-wing designs were not brought over to suborn the democratic basis of the country.

• Cheers 2

4merper4mer
35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No it doesn't.  Paperclip was not a program to gather political philosophers and party leadership.  Many of them were merely "Nazis of convenience" (Von Braun, for example, ended up joining the party because it was the only way he could get funding.  He didn't care who he worked for, as long as he built rockets.)  Some weren't even party members.  But guys who prototyped swept-wing designs were not brought over to suborn the democratic basis of the country.

I’m pretty sure paperclip was the little dude who popped up and taught me how to write a letter.

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The entirety of the IC was reshaped in the post war era by Paperclip spies - then cemented their power in '63. Their legacies are who's still running the show today. 

The party leadership and philosophers of the DNC/GOP aren't calling any shots. They answer to the spooks who control them through blackmail and extortion. The old tricks are the best tricks.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The entirety of the IC was reshaped in the post war era by Paperclip spies - then cemented their power in '63. Their legacies are who's still running the show today. 

The party leadership and philosophers of the DNC/GOP aren't calling any shots. They answer to the spooks who control them through blackmail and extortion. The old tricks are the best tricks.

Yet more evidence that points to the fact that only morons/gloryhounds run for office.

The morons don't know.

The gloryhounds don't care.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There were no "spooks" that came over in Paperclip.  All scientists, almost exclusively in rocketry and aerodynamics.  (Not nuclear, because most of THOSE scientists were Jewish, and exiled in the 30s.)  And the entire history of Nazi Germany's intelligence is pathetic - Canaris was about the best intelligence officer available, and even the Abwher under him was hamstrung.  No one else was worth discussing (except maybe Fremde Herre Ost, which was so grievously incompetent they were actively counter-productive.)

The intelligence community was almost exclusively founded by former OSS and SOE executives and operators.  The only Nazi involved was Reinhard Gehlen - who was the boorish incompetent that ran Fremde Heere Ost.  The idea that any Nazi intelligence agents had anything to do with any sort of Nazi influence in the Western intelligence community is faintly ridiculous, given that they couldn't even run their own.  

• Popcorn 2
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
On 7/30/2024 at 10:17 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There were no "spooks" that came over in Paperclip. 

There were indeed, not just dozens, hundreds of them - if not thousands. Who do you think the OSS/then CIA were recruiting to operate as agents behind Soviet lines? We didn't just race the Soviets to steal German's best scientific minds - we went out of our way to recruit spies and killers trained in the type of terror campaigns the CIA and KGB/GRU were going to be waging for decades to come. Read BLOWBACK by Chris Simpson for receipts.

Dulles ran that part of the program, by the way. It's what really got him the big seat after the war. At least until Kennedy fired him... 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Deranged Rhino

This is the type of shit that gets done when they know the sand is running out of the hourglass. 

• Like 5