Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Summer Olympics 2024

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

The definition would be intersexed. It's a real thing. A simple genetic mutation. And while I feel bad for the individual having to go through the hardships of having female anatomy with male DNA/ChromeOS: xy you're a dude.

Intersexed birth rates are between 1.2% and 1.5% of all born. In some cases this can be having female anatomy, male DNA/chromosomes but having lower testosterone which would cause it to go unnoticed. Few intersex have both a penis w/testicals and vagina, but it happens.

So, yeah, this person can claim to be a female but they're a dude. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

Jesus Christ,dying on this hill is hilarious bro. This Imane chickdude isn't gonna grease your pole no matter how much you white knight him. 

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Boyst said:

Jesus Christ,dying on this hill is hilarious bro. This Imane chickdude isn't gonna grease your pole no matter how much you white knight him. 

Ok which hill am I dying on? Anything posted that goes against the consensus is a hill that I’m dying on? Are you really this stupid ?

Just now, Nouseforaname said:

Ok which hill am I dying on? Anything posted that goes against the consensus is a hill that I’m dying on? Are you really this stupid ?

The latter, yes. The former, you're really going to bat for the intersexed individual. No one is truly taking away what imane accomplished but they're discrediting the success because of genetic differences that it was entitled beyond other females which were truly females.

So, let's ask a question: is being intersexed with xy chromosomes and the genetic makeup of a man an advantage or no?

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Boyst said:

The latter, yes. The former, you're really going to bat for the intersexed individual. No one is truly taking away what imane accomplished but they're discrediting the success because of genetic differences that it was entitled beyond other females which were truly females.

So, let's ask a question: is being intersexed with xy chromosomes and the genetic makeup of a man an advantage or no?

My guess is yes there is an advantage.  

13 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Intersexed birth rates are between 1.2% and 1.5% of all born. In some cases this can be having female anatomy, male DNA/chromosomes but having lower testosterone which would cause it to go unnoticed. Few intersex have both a penis w/testicals and vagina, but it happens.

That rate seems REALLY high. Saw this when poking around a bit (and it's way outside of my wheelhouse, so *shrug*):

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12476264/

"Anne Fausto-Sterling s suggestion that the prevalence of intersex might be as high as 1.7% has attracted wide attention in both the scholarly press and the popular media. Many reviewers are not aware that this figure includes conditions which most clinicians do not recognize as intersex, such as Klinefelter syndrome, Turner syndrome, and late-onset adrenal hyperplasia. If the term intersex is to retain any meaning, the term should be restricted to those conditions in which chromosomal sex is inconsistent with phenotypic sex, or in which the phenotype is not classifiable as either male or female. Applying this more precise definition, the true prevalence of intersex is seen to be about 0.018%, almost 100 times lower than Fausto-Sterling s estimate of 1.7%."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

50 minutes ago, Hedge said:

That rate seems REALLY high. Saw this when poking around a bit (and it's way outside of my wheelhouse, so *shrug*):

"Anne Fausto-Sterling s suggestion that the prevalence of intersex might be as high as 1.7% has attracted wide attention in both the scholarly press and the popular media. Many reviewers are not aware that this figure includes conditions which most clinicians do not recognize as intersex, such as Klinefelter syndrome, Turner syndrome, and late-onset adrenal hyperplasia. If the term intersex is to retain any meaning, the term should be restricted to those conditions in which chromosomal sex is inconsistent with phenotypic sex, or in which the phenotype is not classifiable as either male or female. Applying this more precise definition, the true prevalence of intersex is seen to be about 0.018%, almost 100 times lower than Fausto-Sterling s estimate of 1.7%."

Far outside of my wheelhouse but when I looked into it 4-5 years ago I remember that as often as there are situations where babies have both genitalia there is also where they fully appear feminine or masculine but have the opposite DNA/Chromosomes and it is never noticed; at least historically went unnoticed. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Can't say that didn't occur to me, but...

Have a Y, you're a guy.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 hours ago, Hedge said:

I've herd of Klinefelter's, Turner's...and Jacob's, X0, XXX (not the movie series), mosaicism.  

This is the first I've heard any of them called "intersex."  As far as I know, most of them wouldn't - they're usually alterations (understatement or exaggeration) of sex characteristics aligned with chromosome (e.g. a XXY is masculine, but with exaggerated feminine characteristics - Klinefelter's adolescents have male genitalia...but smaller than average, and some female morphology such as broad hips and small but identifiable breasts).   Not mismatches of chromosomes to sex characteristics.

I'm perfectly comfortable suggesting that Fausto-Sterling is an asshat.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Can't say that didn't occur to me, but...

Have a Y, you're a guy.

I’m not disputing that, I’m disputing the narrative that an Algerian national somehow managed to get a sex change in an Islamic country to have some sort of advantage.

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m not disputing that, I’m disputing the narrative that an Algerian national somehow managed to get a sex change in an Islamic country to have some sort of advantage.

He doesn't have a massive advantage competing against women? 

• Applause 1

Nouseforaname
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

He doesn't have a massive advantage competing against women? 

? Is that what I said?

Just now, Nouseforaname said:

? Is that what I said?

That was the inference I got. 

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

That was the inference I got. 

She performed a sex change to get an advantage is what is being implied, in reality she was born this way.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

She performed a sex change to get an advantage is what is being implied, in reality she was born this way.  

In reality he's a man competing in a woman's sport with a man's advantages.  

• Cheers 4

Nouseforaname
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

In reality he's a man competing in a woman's sport with a man's advantages.  

Not a very good one apparently after getting knocked out 9 times. 

13 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I'm so confused because you keep saying she.  It's a he.

• Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I'm so confused because you keep saying she.  It's a he.

"But she has a vagina, so she's female!"

Also liberals: "Men can have vaginas!"  

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"But she has a vagina, so she's female!"

Also liberals: "Men can have vaginas!"  

I truly do feel bad for the people born as intersexed that want nothing to do with the rainbow whacko mafia. It's a blanket term, it's not a newer term necessarily but surprised you'd never heard of it. It's been hijacked by the troons and groomies but there are people out there who actually are effected by it and cannot have a "normal" life.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3