Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Summer Olympics 2024

Hedge

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, Ann said:

I hope every woman in that sport declines the bronze.

• Like 3

devnull
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I hope every woman in that sport declines the bronze.

If I were a bazillionaire, I would invite each woman beaten up by these two dudes to a concurrent medal ceremony and award them each a diamond pendant

Why diamond instead of gold, silver, and bronze?

Because diamonds are a girls best friend

• Like 3

IDBillzFan
16 minutes ago, Ann said:

Wut!? :classic_blink:

So, uhhh, is he saying DON'T trust the science?

I wish this idiots would get their stories straight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So, uhhh, is he saying DON'T trust the science?

I wish this idiots would get their stories straight.

Well, the science isn't settled, so...

IDBillzFan
20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I mean, that's essentially what he's saying, right? That the science isn't settled that allows us to determine if you are a boy or a girl?

How the hell did we get here?

6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm old enough to remember when there was consensus

CarpetCrawler
8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I mean, that's essentially what he's saying, right? That the science isn't settled that allows us to determine if you are a boy or a girl?

How the hell did we get here?

What about the eyeball test, or some kind of ball test??

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

What about the eyeball test, or some kind of ball test??

That's nuts

• Haha 3

The CrossFit games are going on. Amazingly scheduled during the Olympics.

But the drowning of an athlete on Thursday opened the events with tragedy. The lack of professionalism and the overall negligence of CrossFit to not plan a better event led to a life lost. 

A 3.5 mile run followed by an 800m open water swim. There were two observers on paddle boards, ill equipped to rescue anyone (no bouys or rings) that were within 10 yards fo Lazar Dukic. He was seen on camera struggling about 50m from shore. He was seen bobbing, unable to call for help while other athletes in the water attempted to shout for help over loud music and general noise. Fans on the shore saw this and attempted to go in and help while security and the paddle boarded went to stop them unaware of what was happening less than 50m away.

Only 10 minutes later when it was realized that he never crossed the finish line and after his brother who is also competing in this event of the top 50 fittest men and women of the world noticed he could not find Lazar.

CrossFit did not provide life bouys to swimmers, did not enforce swim caps for visibility, not provide ropes and/or floating stations along the route, not give the SUP rescue teams a life ring. The life rings are absolutely necessary to save a life because they are placed over the weakened swimmer who cannot usually hang on to a life saving device. The swim caps offered were not fully utilized by athletes some of which were lost along the run. Further, even in the most elite events for swimming and running, such as iron mans and triathlons the swim is first for safety reasons. Overall, the CrossFit organization failed an athlete at its most important and headline event.

While CrossFit is a great method to exercise this is a stain on their already tarnished reputation. The myths of it being dangerous and causing injury have plagued it since it's inception. The cost prohibits many people while the belief that the sport is not specific enough to not make a great athlete in a particular discipline.

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, Hedge said:

So men beating on women: fine and dandy.

Complaining about men beating on women: that's the criminal act.  

What the &#%$ is going on?  

• I don't know 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1