Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'24 BillsFans Pick 'em League

SquirminThurman

Ok so this is a 'survivor pool' type league. Pick one team per week? Sorry Pick 'em and Survivor are a bit conflated these days.

If we pick a team once, is it removed for the rest of the season?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Ok so this is a 'survivor pool' type league. Pick one team per week? Sorry Pick 'em and Survivor are a bit conflated these days.

If we pick a team once, is it removed for the rest of the season?

Survivor is pick one you think will win, pick ‘em is pick them all (choose a winner of each game).

You stick with the pick ‘em until the end of the year, most winning picks wins the league.

Survivor you stay with until you choose incorrectly one week (last year we had a Bloody Sunday where most of us flamed out on a “sure thing”).  @Foxx are we only allowed to pick a team once during the season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Survivor you stay with until you choose incorrectly one week (last year we had a Bloody Sunday where most of us flamed out on a “sure thing”).  @Foxx are we only allowed to pick a team once during the season?

Correct.

This said, there is a slight problem with the new version of the app. I was mistakenly under the impression that the updated version would simply overwright the existing data and incorporate the new features to the existing pools. It won't. 

As such, I have to recreate the pools so that the new aspects will be incorporated. This will entail asking everyone to rejoin after I have created version 2.0 of the existing pools.

When done, I will tag everyone in this thread and let them know to join the updated version.

My apologies to all.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Correct.

This said, there is a slight problem with the new version of the app. I was mistakenly under the impression that the updated version would simply overwright the existing data and incorporate the new features to the existing pools. It won't. 

As such, I have to recreate the pools so that the new aspects will be incorporated. This will entail asking everyone to rejoin after I have created version 2.0 of the existing pools.

When done, I will tag everyone in this thread and let them know to join the updated version.

My apologies to all.

Wise of you to have checked ahead of time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, snafu said:

Wise of you to have checked ahead of time.

Would have been even wiser to check before I opened it up to everyone. I am late this year, I didn't want everyone wondering so I loaded the old version thinking it would completely overwrite. Ah well...

• Cheers 1

In no particular order...

@olddays1 @IDBillzFan @Paulus @Hitbyaparkedcar @CarpetCrawler @KD in CA @Alaska Darin @Taro T @B-Man @snafu @Jabba The Hutt @4merper4mer @Jackson @Ann @Fansince88 @Sig1Hunter @Spartacus @Homer @Boyst @TakeYouToTasker 2.0 @Nanker @Seasons1992 @SquirminThurman @Billsandhorns

If you would be so kind, please head on over to the Pickems and join 2024 Pickem 2.0 and 2024 Survivor 2.0. The updated app will not allow me to incorporate all the updated features on pools already begun. I have left the original 2024 pools up in case you wanted to copy your picks. Once everyone has joined, the original 2024 pools will disappear and the 2.0 pools will lose the 2.0 nomenclatures. 

My apologies and thank you.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Uncle Joe
41 minutes ago, Foxx said:

@olddays1 @IDBillzFan @Paulus @Hitbyaparkedcar @CarpetCrawler @KD in CA @Alaska Darin @Taro T @B-Man @snafu @Jabba The Hutt @4merper4mer @Jackson @Ann @Fansince88 @Sig1Hunter @Spartacus @Homer @Boyst @TakeYouToTasker 2.0 @Nanker @Seasons1992 @SquirminThurman @Billsandhorns

If you would be so kind, please head on over to the Pickems and join 2024 Pickem 2.0 and 2024 Survivor 2.0. The updated app will not allow me to incorporate all the updated features on pools already begun. I have left the original 2024 pools up in case you wanted to copy your picks. Once everyone has joined, the original 2024 pools will disappear and the 2.0 pools will lose the 2.0 nomenclatures. 

Snubbed GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

Done

Was the OP updated with the new links?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Done

Was the OP updated with the new links?

No. Will do so later tonight after work. Thanks.

• Cheers 1

@crawhammer @Paulus @Nanker @SquirminThurman   

Please join the Pickems 2.0 league. The original doesn't have all the updated features of 2.0. Thanks!

@IDBillzFan @Jabba The Hutt @Fansince88 

Please join the Survivor 2.0 league. The original doesn't have all the updated features of 2.0. Thanks!

@KD in CA @Boyst @4merper4mer

Please join both the, Pickems league and Survivor 2.0 league.  The originals don't have all the updated features of 2.0.

Joining and playing is cutoff at Thursday 8:20 pm.

Thanks!

• Like 4

SquirminThurman

in both 2.0 versions. Just to clarify for everyone...

Survivor, pick one team per week out when wrong (I see the two mulligans). Can we pick the same team 2 or more times in a season?

Pickem - pick all of the games each week, highest win total wins.

Thanks for setting this up.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

in both 2.0 versions. Just to clarify for everyone...

Survivor, pick one team per week out when wrong (I see the two mulligans). Can we pick the same team 2 or more times in a season?

Pickem - pick all of the games each week, highest win total wins.

Thanks for setting this up.

In Survivor, you get to pick a team once, that is it. Yes, as was the case last year, you get two mulligans in survivor (because previously, I don't think we made it past week 3, lol).

In the regular Pickems, as was the case last year, your lowest week is not counted toward your overall score. So beginning week 2, you will see your lowest correct score week omitted from your overall tally.

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

In Survivor, you get to pick a team once, that is it. Yes, as was the case last year, you get two mulligans in survivor (because previously, I don't think we made it past week 3, lol).

In the regular Pickems, as was the case last year, your lowest week is not counted toward your overall score. So beginning week 2, you will see your lowest correct score week omitted from your overall tally.

Thanks Foxx

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus

for both leagues, what are the rules for using Thurs & now Fri games?

1. are you required to pick all early games for pick-em?

2. what about Thanksgiving games?

3. can you make changes to individual games up to that games kick-off?

4. can you use early games for Survivor? 

5. what is the latest you can submit a Survivor entry for the week?

6. how do these mulligans work?

Edited by Spartacus