Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Regular Season Game 1 - Arizona Cardinals at Buffalo Bills - 1PM Eastern Sunday September 8 on CBS

Taro T

It's back.  It's finally back.  Real football gets played this week and the Bills start the year hosting the Cards in their 1st game against them since the Hail Murray attrocity.

Fox Sports preview of the game:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/week-1-arizona-cardinals-vs-buffalo-bills-sep-08-2024-game-boxscore-10383

ESPN's preview of the game:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401671617/cardinals-bills

CBS Sports preview of the game:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20240908_ARI@BUF/

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Good opportunity for the Bills playing at home against an average opponent to get a 1 game lead on some or all of their division rivals.  Let's hope for something much better than the week one puke against the Jets last year.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

Good opportunity for the Bills playing at home against an average opponent to get a 1 game lead on some or all of their division rivals.  Let's hope for something much better than the week one puke against the Jets last year.  

Murray not taking any game snaps this preseason should be a good thing as well.  Realize that Josh only played ~1 quarter, but that's 1 more than Murray played and Murray only played ~5 games last year recovering from the previous season's knee injury.

• Popcorn 2

14 hours ago, Taro T said:

Murray not taking any game snaps this preseason should be a good thing as well.  Realize that Josh only played ~1 quarter, but that's 1 more than Murray played and Murray only played ~5 games last year recovering from the previous season's knee injury.

Hope Hail Shorty pops a ganubie early in the game. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

I don't like how little the starters played in pre-season, but understand the injury risk.  I suspect the Bills will play a ball control higher percentage offense in this one.  

• Like 4

Sig1Hunter

Our safety situation has gone from being the strength of the defense to being the weakest link. I have massive concerns about that safety combo heading into week 1.

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Our safety situation has gone from being the strength of the defense to being the weakest link. I have massive concerns about that safety combo heading into week 1.

Agree.  I would have bet after the draft and free agent signings that Hamlin would be cut.  Maybe he's stepped up his game.  We have to hope.  

• Like 4