Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Separation Anxiety - Separation vs Accuracy Week 1

SquirminThurman

SquirminThurman

GXK3do8W8AAUV-i.jpg

Very telling chart

Top left quadrant are the QBs who excelled. Poor separation, high accuracy. Allen is there along with a few guys I did not expect. Surprised the 'offensive geniuses' in LA Rams, 49ers and Chiefs couldn't scheme better separation with arguably better offensive talent. Not surprising the best QBs in the legue are here. They can throw into tight windows or throw guys open. Good games for Allen, Stafford, Purdy and even Murray. Maybe Purdy is more than a system QB?

The Bills secondary must have clamped down after a bad start!?! They provided the best defensive separation of any team, even with a dinged up secondary. Say what you want but McDermott can scheme DBs.

Our eyes don't lie, bottom right quadrant, good separation terrible accuracy: 'MVP' Jackson, Watson, Richardson and even Daniel Jones all had wide open WR and poor accuracy....

Bottom left.... It's Bryce Young's world. He is getting no help and is EJ Manuel accurate... going to be a loooong season when Ray Ray McCloud is your best WR...

Top Right: Guys getting help from good schemes/ talent: Lawrence, Carr, Goff and even Mayfield throwing darts to wide open guys.

Brady is going to have to scheme guys open as the season progresses. Not sure the Cardinals DBs are top tier in the NFL.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 5
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

SquirminThurman

Updated through week 2. The Bills receiving targets are generating the 4th worst separation in the league through two weeks.

Good thing Allen is more accurate than the media generally gives him credit for.

GXuIXhWWwAAEv_I.jpg

• Like 3

I thought separation was going to happen with these receivers? Is it scheme? Lack of speed? Route running?