Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Week 2 - Non-Bills Games

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's where I am too.  The new rule is &#%$ing stupid.

Just go back to the old rule.

There were something like eight injuries on kickoffs last season.  One every other week.  I can't help but feel they &#%$ed with kickoffs to solve a relatively minor problem.

There's nothing like a couple days watching all the MVP favorites play, and realize that in the AFC, and really, in the NFL, there's Mahomes and there's Allen and then there are people who make sure the NFL doesn't look like a slave plantation.

Listen up; the whole point of being an MVP candidate is proving how, with you at the helm at your position, the wins or losses can ride on your shoulders. You can carry the team to a win when you're on the road down a TD with 90 seconds left. Or you can carry the team to a win when you're at home down by one, and you  have 35 seconds left and two time outs for you to NOT throw a pick.

Maybe this year the dudes the NFL NEEDS to be MVP will suck so bad they have no choice but to give it to the people who actually deserve it.

9 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

There's nothing like a couple days watching all the MVP favorites play, and realize that in the AFC, and really, in the NFL, there's Mahomes and there's Allen and then there are people who make sure the NFL doesn't look like a slave plantation.

Listen up; the whole point of being an MVP candidate is proving how, with you at the helm at your position, the wins or losses can ride on your shoulders. You can carry the team to a win when you're on the road down a TD with 90 seconds left. Or you can carry the team to a win when you're at home down by one, and you  have 35 seconds left and two time outs for you to NOT throw a pick.

Maybe this year the dudes the NFL NEEDS to be MVP will suck so bad they have no choice but to give it to the people who actually deserve it.

In fairness to Hurts, he made a perfect pass to Barkley.  This is exactly what keeps happening to Josh in the playoffs - he makes the plays the team needs to win and then someone else doesn't execute when it matters most and the narrative is "Allen can't win the big games."

Every football game comes down to a handful of plays.  Your team either makes them and wins or doesn't and loses.  I've beaten this drum online for like 30 years. 

You know why John Elway was so good at coming back?  Generally it was because he was so bad the first 50+ minutes of most games.  😄

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1

9 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

is Taylor Swift involved in the selection process?

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

In fairness to Hurts, he made a perfect pass to Barkley.  This is exactly what keeps happening to Josh in the playoffs - he makes the plays the team needs to win and then someone else doesn't execute when it matters most and the narrative is "Allen can't win the big games."

Every football game comes down to a handful of plays.  Your team either makes them and wins or doesn't and loses.  I've beaten this drum online for like 30 years. 

You know why John Elway was so good at coming back?  Generally it was because he was so bad the first 50+ minutes of most games.  😄

they should have rolled Hurts out with run/pass option,

after faking the dive to freeze the entire defense

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I agree with all of this, and I'm not sure this will come out right, but I feel the difference between Allen and Hurts is Hurts is like the Kamala Harris of NFL quarterbacks. If you give him a play and everyone follows the script exactly, there's enough talent to look good.

But the minute things break down and they have to improvise, Hurts is on the sideline explaining to the coaches that his second read wasn't there because he came from a middle class family whose neighbors had nice lawns.

In other words, I feel like he (and to a large extent, Lamar) are physically gifted, but dumb as a mop.

Could very well be wrong. Even when they speak, it hurts to listen.

Edited by IDBillzFan

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I agree with all of this, and I'm not sure this will come out right, but I feel the difference between Allen and Hurts is Hurts is like the Kamala Harris of NFL quarterbacks. If you give him a play and everyone follows the script exactly, there's enough talent to look good.

But the minute things break down and they have to improvise, Hurts is on the sideline explaining to the coaches that his second read wasn't there because he came from a middle class family whose neighbors had nice lawns.

In other words, I feel like he (and to a large extent, Lamar) are physically gifted, but dumb as a mop.

I think one thing all BILLS' fans are is spoiled because you're literally watching a once in a lifetime player taking snaps for your team.  Allen is absolutely a unicorn and every time he takes the field it becomes more and more obvious.

I'd like to see Hurts away from Sirianni because frankly I think that dude's ballz are much larger than his brain.  Not taking that first FG bit him squarely in the ass, just like I figured it would.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

• Haha 6
  • Applause 1