Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Texans: The Aftermath Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

On 10/6/2024 at 10:54 PM, KD in CA said:

Just for fun, what is the open rate for Coleman this season?

Some numbers amongst rookies for separation 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Some numbers amongst rookies for separation 

So, our eyes aren't deceiving us.  Coleman is not even getting "open" 20% of the time.  But apparently pretty much none (only 2 or 3) of the other rookies are eclipsing that threshold either.

Eric Moulds 1996 Started 5 games had 37 targets, had 20 receptions for 279 yards and 2 TD, and 10 First Downs. Longest Reception was 47 yards.

Eric Moulds 1997 Started 8 games had 52 targets, had 29 receptions for 294 yards, 0 TDs, and 18 First Downs. Longest reception was 32 yards.

Eric Moulds 1998 Started 15 games had 116 targets, had 67 receptions for 1,369 yards and 9 TDs, and 54 First Downs. Longest receptions was 84 yards.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Eric Moulds 1996 Started 5 games had 37 targets, had 20 receptions for 279 yards and 2 TD, and 10 First Downs. Longest Reception was 47 yards.

Eric Moulds 1997 Started 8 games had 52 targets, had 29 receptions for 294 yards, 0 TDs, and 18 First Downs. Longest reception was 32 yards.

Eric Moulds 1998 Started 15 games had 116 targets, had 67 receptions for 1,369 yards and 9 TDs, and 54 First Downs. Longest receptions was 84 yards.

1996: Kelly's last year, behind Quinn Early and Andre Reed.

1997: Behind Early and Reed, but with Clod Tollins throwing to him.

1998: Early gone, Flutie and Johnson throwing.  

And Marv kept him benched...but Wade took over in 1998.

1998 was a significantly improved situation for Moulds.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, our eyes aren't deceiving us.  Coleman is not even getting "open" 20% of the time.  But apparently pretty much none (only 2 or 3) of the other rookies are eclipsing that threshold either.

I'd like to know what the numbers are for veterans too.

I mean...real veteran receivers, not the warm bodies like Hollins or Samuel or MVS we have taking up space.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2024 at 9:36 AM, Spartacus said:

stupid not to have a RB in the back field

In every key moment. Stupid.

• Like 1

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'd like to know what the numbers are for veterans too.

I mean...real veteran receivers, not the warm bodies like Hollins or Samuel or MVS we have taking up space.

Coleman is supposed to be the type of player that goes up and doesnt need separation. Im guessing for some reason Josh doesnt trust him yet. He needs to press the issue and try to trust him. In fact, he doesnt seem to trust any of them and Shakir is the only one getting the separation he reels comfortable with. Of course I could be absolutely clueless. You and I both know the level of possibility. 

Edited by Fansince88

Uncle Joe
13 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Coleman is supposed to be the type of player that goes up and doesnt need separation. Im guessing for some reason Josh doesnt trust him yet. He needs to press the issue and try to trust him.

Josh probably needs to throw a ball into the back of his helmet to knock some sense into him. Oh wait...

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Josh probably needs to throw a ball into the back of his helmet to knock some sense into him. Oh wait...

Well, he did catch a sweet ball just a bit later. You may be on to something or jut on something. I dont know.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

I didn't even see the whole game, just whatever snippets Red Zone showed.

But even in those, it looked like the Bills had never practiced together.  Not just not on the same page, but reading completely different playbooks.

Should I watch the whole game to confirm that impression?  I'd rather not, I think.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname

Who here had suggested brown and Beasley 😂

Edited by Nouseforaname
  • O Rly 2

Uncle Joe
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But even in those, it looked like the Bills had never practiced together.  Not just not on the same page, but reading completely different playbooks.

Should I watch the whole game to confirm that impression?  I'd rather not, I think.

I wouldn't unless you're going to be the assistant to Sean McDermott. 

The offense got the run game going but instead of using that to establish the pass someone thought they could play smashmouth. Wrong approach IMO.

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You are correct. 

Fansince88

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I wouldn't unless you're going to be the assistant to Sean McDermott. 

The offense got the run game going but instead of using that to establish the pass someone thought they could play smashmouth. Wrong approach IMO.

And play throw it deep.