Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Texans: The Aftermath Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Ann said:

Here’s one For  @Joe

Let's remember this was supposed to be a "rebuilding year," too.

• Cheers 5

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

He was MVP worthy the first three games of the season though.  One reason why these last two weeks are so perplexing. 

It's not perplexing. This is him 

There's not been a year in his career that hasn't had a least a few games like this 

But now he has a bare cupboard so it looks even worse 

• Like 1

Just now, Joe said:

It's not perplexing. This is him 

There's not been a year in his career that hasn't had a least a few games like this 

But now he has a bare cupboard so it looks even worse 

He is growing. Or maybe... evolving might be a better word. It used to be he could throw the long ball and not able to hit the short passes with regularity. As his short game has become better, he can't hit the broad side of a barn out 30 yards or more.

And then there is the fact that he has not thrown an interception through the season's opening 5 games, after a career of being among the league leaders in that stat.

This why I/we call it, "The Josh Allen Experience." Hopefully, there comes a season where he puts it all together. 

• Like 3

Still don't understand why they didn't burn a timeout to get Allen on the field for the 1st down play after the fumble recovery.

Allen was racing towards the field.  Somebody needs to stop that run play w/ Trubisky from happening.  A TD there would've effectively sealed the game but they allowed themselves to play CFL style - only 2 real downs then a kick.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Some of this falls on Brady, who isn’t even bothering to scheme guys open anymore.

That said, Josh did have his share of big misses today.

You don’t go 9/30 and be blameless.

Josh has a huge piece of blame for this and last game. That said, many wins are thanks to Josh. This many changes on the offense and we all knew there would be days like this. Well, maybe not exactly like this but you know what I mean. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Ann said:

if he's hindered at all, put him on the bench and bring up Hamler.

something is preventing Brady from actually using him

of course, some play other than a behind the line swing pass might be a better option

Spartacus

with all the plays Josh broke contain to his right,

why no receiving option in short area running with him to give easy target?

• Like 1
  • I don't know 4

Rochesterny
8 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Josh has a huge piece of blame for this and last game. That said, many wins are thanks to Josh. This many changes on the offense and we all knew there would be days like this. Well, maybe not exactly like this but you know what I mean. 

IMO the recievers are big part of the problem. Allen is delivering balls where they catch them most of time and they don’t. Dropping them. IMO Also, IMO disappointed with kincaid expecting him to take the next step. Wasn’t point of drafting him to be like kittle, kelce, gates, Gonzalez type of tight end to give Allen security blanket. Beside Allen cook and kincaid should be stars. Cook has demonstrated so far waiting on Kincaid. Just my opinion 

• Like 2

Sig1Hunter

This loss is worse than last weeks. I was befuddled at the trick play decision..i am completely nonplussed at the decisions on the last possession in this game. No excuse for any of it. 

• Like 6
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
32 minutes ago, Foxx said:

He is growing. Or maybe... evolving might be a better word. It used to be he could throw the long ball and not able to hit the short passes with regularity. As his short game has become better, he can't hit the broad side of a barn out 30 yards or more.

And then there is the fact that he has not thrown an interception through the season's opening 5 games, after a career of being among the league leaders in that stat.

This why I/we call it, "The Josh Allen Experience." Hopefully, there comes a season where he puts it all together. 

I wonder if that's coaching too...if, as his QB coaches get promoted to OC, the new QB coaches are less and less willing to smack Josh on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper and say "No!  Bad Josh!"

• Cheers 1

SquirminThurman
55 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Just for fun, what is the open rate for Coleman this season?

through 4 games:

20 wins on 83 pass routes run (24.1% gross win rate)

yielding 11 targets (9 catchable)

or a catchable target every 9.2 routes run

Nabors for comparison:

64 wins on 150 pass routes run (42.6% gross win rate)

yielding 52 targets (42 catchable)

or a catchable target every 3.5 routes run

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

through 4 games:

Nabors for comparison:

It’s not really constructive to compare Coleman’s production with Malik Nabers’.

Compare him with receivers drafted between 28 and 34.

• Like 3

KD in CA
43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Still don't understand why they didn't burn a timeout to get Allen on the field for the 1st down play after the fumble recovery.

Allen was racing towards the field.  Somebody needs to stop that run play w/ Trubisky from happening.  A TD there would've effectively sealed the game but they allowed themselves to play CFL style - only 2 real downs then a kick.

As it was, the entire stadium knew the play call.

Running the ball is great, but loses effectiveness when it’s predictable.

• Cheers 1

Rochesterny
Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s not really constructive to compare Coleman’s production with Malik Nabers’.

Good point reason one went to first round and why the other went second round. 

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
18 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

its more fair to compare him to guys playing out of the slot?

why don't I compare him to a TE or RB?

Fansince88
34 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

through 4 games:

Nabors for comparison:

Is the back of the helmet considered catchable?

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

The Guy In Pants

You could tell Allen was aggravated last week. He was aggravated again this week. He could be having some doubts about his coaches. Players have those doubts. Especially when it’s the same song and dance, which is has been for the last few years.  Also; his receivers and he don’t seem to be on the same page all the time.

Josh makes mistakes in the heat of the moment. The game is much faster for players than it is for us or coaches. I’ll overlook a players mistakes in light of situations a lot more than I do for management. We still have a management problem. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants

JoshAllen
Just now, The Guy In Pants said:

You could tell Allen was aggravated last week. He was aggravated again this week. He could be having some doubts about his coaches. Players have those doubts. Especially when it’s the same song and dance, which is has been for the last few years. 

Josh makes mistakes in the heat of the moment. The game is much faster for players than it is for us or coaches. I’ll overlook a players mistakes in light of situations a lot more than I do for management. We still have a management problem. 

If we had our full team playing, we win this game.

Josh isn't Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers he isn't going to rock the boat just yet.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The Guy In Pants
8 minutes ago, JoshAllen said:

If we had our full team playing, we win this game.

Josh isn't Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers he isn't going to rock the boat just yet.

I don’t think he ever would. I don’t think he has the personality to do it. He’s a very down to earth guy who seems like he wants to be good to everyone. I could be wrong. We could have one this game 3 times today. But it just didn’t happen and it’s aggrevating that we have had teams capable of winning it all the last few years and we can’t close.

• Cheers 2