Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Texans: The Aftermath Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Sig1Hunter
16 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Is the back of the helmet considered catchable?

Maybe the most accurate pass Josh threw all day

• Haha 1

Uncle Joe
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

He just added, "32 seconds" to his resume, to go alongside, "13 seconds."

So he is part of Andy Reid's coaching tree.

I want to know what branch he fell off of.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4merper4mer
31 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

its more fair to compare him to guys playing out of the slot?

why don't I compare him to a TE or RB?

What is the point of your comparison?  That the Bills should have taken a guy that had been off the board for 15 picks?  How?  Hack the Giants severs?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, Cinga said:

Is he still available? Heck, at this point is Beasley or McKenzie still available?

Yes, free agent. No idea why. Great slot guy

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

So he is part of Andy Reid's coaching tree.

I want to know what branch he fell off of.

This made actually LOL. 

• Cheers 2

Rochesterny

Just read a couple of opinions found interesting 

If the Bills are still preaching this silly “everybody eats” mantra then perhaps they should scrap the Weight Watchers menu and start eating real food because this offense is in starvation mode”

“When teams don’t respect the receivers lined up across from them, the defense can bring extra rushers with impunity.” Until someone wins on routes early and the Bills beat that added pressure, it will happen over and over again.”

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 3

Spartacus
10 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Just read a couple of opinions found interesting 

If the Bills are still preaching this silly “everybody eats” mantra then perhaps they should scrap the Weight Watchers menu and start eating real food because this offense is in starvation mode”

“When teams don’t respect the receivers lined up across from them, the defense can bring extra rushers with impunity.” Until someone wins on routes early and the Bills beat that added pressure, it will happen over and over again.”

Win on short routes?

they threw one into the back of kion’s head.

seems like josh ignored everything short to prove a point to diggs

• clown 1
  • Haha 1

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Win on short routes?

they threw one into the back of kion’s head.

seems like josh ignored everything short to prove a point to diggs

What color is the sky in your world ?

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

What color is the sky in your world ?

Orange, no doubt.  

Blue is a conspiracy by The Man to make him suffer.

• Like 1

This is life for virtually all NFL teams. Ups and downs, flawed teams. Weaknesses get exploited, teams adjust. 

glass half full: they came back and had a chance to win against a good team on the road. They are working through a lot of injuries and this team could look a lot better later in the season. (Oliver, Johnson, Miller, Milano, Shakir, Rapp).

glass half empty: o line has been HORRIBLE the last two weeks, that cannot be a weakness. WRs are weak and need better schemes to create openings. 

bottom line: bills should cruise to the division and let’s hope they get healthier and fix some of these issues come playoff time. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

its more fair to compare him to guys playing out of the slot?

why don't I compare him to a TE or RB?

No one said anything about fairness.

I said *constructive*.

You think it’s a meaningful exercise to compare him to a guy who a good percentage of the league had graded as the best player in the draft?

As for comparing him with “slot receivers”, coming out of college Worthy lined up outside about 60% of the time, Legette lined up outside and on the boundary the large majority of the time, McConkey lined up pretty much everywhere in college, but he’s the closest thing to a slot on the list. It’s where he’s been lining up for the most part in 3 WR sets, but in 2 receiver sets he’s been playing the Z. In college he took less than 30% of his snaps in the slot.

Pearsall hasn’t  seen the field since getting shot, so there’s no comparison to be made.

And let’s throw in Polk, who was picked at the top 1/3 of the second round at 37. He lines up outside, in the X, and in the Z.

So, to recap:

Worthy isn’t a slot.

Legette isn’t a slot.

McConkey is used from the slot, but also lines up as the Z in 2 WR formations.

Polk isn’t a slot.

Pearsall isn’t a valid comparison because he hasn’t played a snap.

So who, exactly, are you talking about?

toddisit

Highly mediocre and one step closer to being a lost season. How did we go from league MVP and Superbowl talk to this cauldron in under two short weeks?

I was being too kind when I said Bills were a top 7 team, make that like top 15 now. 

I agree head coach and even whoever is upstairs needs a good evaluation and pink slip, eh, skip the evaluation, we all know how good/not good some of these people are by now. One dimensional team. A QB can't win much except the worst teams. 

• Like 1

Ninety-4

Glass half full view...

Bills went 3-1 in first 4 games.  Going 3-1 each 4 will get you a division crown, maybe better. Next 3 opponents are Jets, Titans, Seahawks.  All winnable.  Doing that gets them to 6-2.  Bonus game 17 is against the Pats.  12 wins is still very possible.  

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

This surprised me as well. 

Shades of 13 seconds 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Glass half full: the Bills are still in first place in the AFC East and can separate themselves with a win against the Jets. They also should be getting healthier.

Glass half empty: the WR room is the worst it’s been since 2019 and the coaching staff threw away a golden opportunity to steal a win today. Safety remains a big concern, and the defensive line has been too inconsistent.

• Like 2

Simply idiotic in light of the fact that they took a time out there. Another coaching head-slapper from yesterday. 

Note: I have no idea if it would have been overturned, but at the time it would have helped (they punted)

• Like 1