Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Texans: The Aftermath Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

The Guy In Pants
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Simply idiotic in light of the fact that they took a time out there. Another coaching head-slapper from yesterday. 

Note: I have no idea if it would have been overturned, but at the time it would have helped (they punted)

We were in suffering mode and an overturn of the call on this play with 2 minutes left in the half would have changed the trajectory of the game. Momentum is real. "Everyone eats" is not. 

Even had it not been overturned; no harm no foul. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Let's remember this was supposed to be a "rebuilding year," too.

Wouldn't have been necessary without the von Miller contract, the mismanagement of diggs or the extension to Knox.

• Like 2

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Ann said:

they had to go eat elsewhere

still hungry from dropping too many passes

Edited by Spartacus
  • Haha 1

Spartacus
58 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

This isn’t just a wide receiver problem. 

stupid not to have a RB in the back field

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

there were guys open

Josh was constantly looking for the kill shot 

good thing we don't play against Diggs every week

• Like 1
  • Boo 1
  • Yes and No 1

SquirminThurman
6 hours ago, Ann said:

Carter looked really good. From week 2-4 his snap count has been steady (25,23,26)

I also think Dwayne Smoot has been a solid value addition. He didn't play until week 3, but has provided a solid veteran presence. He had the strip sack that Williams recovered yesterday. Solid DE3 or DE4.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Whats John Brown up to these days? 😆

don't give these jokers any ideas

This is a very long thread. While I don’t agree with all his conclusions (I blame coaching, OL, receivers the most), he does make some good points. 

This is from the last post in the thread:

Final thoughts - while I blame Sean McDermott for the decision to throw at the end of the game, he put the ball in his franchise QB’s hands and said “win the game.” Allen could not come through - tough day all around for him, maybe his worst ever in a game he didn’t record a turnover

But you can’t place this loss entirely at Allen or McDermott’s feet

The pass catchers were nearly a non factor without Khalil Shakir. Bills needs some major help along the outside if they hope to go anywhere come postseason time. Dalton Kincaid has been the biggest disappointment - he looks like an average tight end at best

Also, the offensive line has struggled mightily the past two weeks. Spencer Brown has shown inconsistencies and O’Cyrus Torrence has not had a good sophomore year. Allen was running for his life early in the game

Defensively, the Bills performed well but it wasn’t enough and once again they played incredibly soft coverage to end the game when Houston was simply trying for a field goal - confounding. Buffalo’s pass rush performed better than I had originally thought, while the secondary held its own outside of the early breakdown from Bishop

But another tough loss for the Bills. While questions will swirl surrounding McDermott’s late-game decision making, the sky is not falling and this team is nowhere near out of it

The AFC East stinks and the Bills will likely walk into the playoffs. But I’m not sure we can expect much more from this group, as a red-hot start has quickly faded, causing some of the preseason questions many had about this team to resurface

One goal for the Bills this week: just don’t lose to the god damn Jets. I think a 4-2 start is reasonable considering the tough slate Buffalo will have endured the first six weeks

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Whats John Brown up to these days? 😆

Hubby asked about Beasley… :classic_laugh: Seriously though, I think Shakir is working his way into being Josh’s security blanket. I hope he is ready to go this week.

• Like 3