Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Titans @ Bills: The Aftermath

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

Why is the game thread locked? 

Always gets locked so the after game discussion isn’t in two threads (an aftermath thread is always started when a game ends).

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2

54 minutes ago, Ann said:

Always gets locked so the after game discussion isn’t in two threads (an aftermath thread is always started when a game ends).

Why can't the after thread be eliminated and just keep the game thread rolling?

This is why I'll never post here during a game... whatever you say or would like to make a mention/reply/comment on is pointless.

This is atop really and it's a bad model to follow.

• clown 1
  • ? 1
  • Sad 1
  • Doh! 2

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

This is why I'll never post here during a game... whatever you say or would like to make a mention/reply/comment on is pointless.

We have done it this way for years. Maybe a poll to see if people want a change?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Bills drive results:

Punt

Punt

TD

Punt

Punt

------------------------ half

TD

FG

TD

FG

TD

People can say what they want but they do adjust well. real late but well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

All you have to do is link to the game thread post here and then respond to it.

Separating the in-game and post-game threads is much cleaner.

And not for nothing, but this board is NOTHING like ATOP. Threads are much cleaner and better managed without having umpteen threads that get started just because some 'tard had a thought they believe needs its own thread.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ann said:

We have done it this way for years. Maybe a poll to see if people want a change?

I'd be all for a change, a poll would be great... it doesn't have to be the "that's the way we've always done it"  copy model.  Like I said, what's the point of posting opinions in a game thread if they are going to be locked up forever and you can't reply to someone else's comment.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

All you have to do is link to the game thread post here and then respond to it.

Separating the in-game and post-game threads is much cleaner.

And not for nothing, but this board is NOTHING like ATOP. Threads are much cleaner and better managed without having umpteen threads that get started just because some 'tard had a thought they believe needs its own thread.

I understand your concern but it's called the Gameday thread, not the 3 hour thread.

Board for sure is nothing like atop but the Gameday threads/usage are exactly the same. It's a shitty model imo.

• Like 1
  • I don't know 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I understand your concern but it's called the Gameday thread, not the 3 hour thread.

Board for sure is nothing like atop but the Gameday threads/usage are exactly the same. It's a shitty model imo.

In all fairness, I don't post in the Gameday thread. All it does for me is provide unnecessary agita during the game when people get batshit over a particular play or playcall. I already get agita during every game, so adding to it does me no good.

I will occasionally visit it after a game like today, when the first half sucked so bad but the second half was cruising, because it's funny to read the first half doomsdayers.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

Tag. I’m off. I’ve failed in my duty of ensuring the lead. Please do better than me!

@TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Well done sir! Your dedication and exemplary work are to be commended. As I may miss the entirety of the live broadcast next week, I am hoping to be able to count on you once again to deliver quality results.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

You can use the "MultiQuote" option (the + sign next to where the "Quote" text is). This easily carries the quote over when you switch to a different thread. (that's what I did in the post above)

• Applause 2

2 minutes ago, Hedge said:

You can use the "MultiQuote" option (the + sign next to where the "Quote" text is). This easily carries the quote over when you switch to a different thread. (that's what I did in the post above)

I don't think that option is there for non-mods when the thread is closed.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Thanks for the reply but that's a little too busy for my taste... just leave the game Day thread open and eliminate the after one. There is no point really of herding posters into just one or two corall's.

Just let the people speak lol.

• Love 1