Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

46 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I dont know. I can map out a job and buy supplies online delivered to my door knowing and getting exactly what I need to complete. Its a gift that was handed down from my father. Not only can I picture a project complete I can picture the supplies needed.  My proudest moment is how little waste I have when Im done. I never buy plumbing parts locally. Supplyhouse.com is normally a fraction of the price especially in bulk. Our local plumbing place thinks all their fittings are gold plated. 

In a previous life, many times the plumbing is not seen until you open the wall/ceiling. There is usually the odd fitting/connection that you can't account for and have to buy a few different options to see what works best. Add to that the many different twists and turns and it is always a challenge.

Did I mention that I h8 plumbing?

• Like 1

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

In a previous life, many times the plumbing is not seen until you open the wall/ceiling. There is usually the odd fitting/connection that you can't account for and have to buy a few different options to see what works best. Add to that the many different twists and turns and it is always a challenge.

Did I mention that I h8 plumbing?

True, my thought wasnt repair but pull it all out and start over

Better plan for older homes. Same with CTC post on the electrical. I would redo a room at a time. Pull the wire and redo. Some you could fish and some not so much. Scary how he is finding wires. My older brother found lots of issues the same way. In fact one of his kitchen outlets was wired into........the dryer , half of the 220 line. When he was don rewiring his electric bill dropped 100$ a month. Yes, it was that bad.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Wow 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 7/2/2024 at 6:40 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Today:

"Describe the security controls on your operating system."

unTpCA.gif

Yesterday.

"What does your application use for an operating system?"

What am I at now?  Nine, ten weeks of this question?

devnull
9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yesterday.

"What does your application use for an operating system?"

What am I at now?  Nine, ten weeks of this question?

Tell them you use

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu1DukuZYJIMzMP5gMqh0

Edited by devnull
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, devnull said:

Tell them you use

Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu1DukuZYJIMzMP5gMqh0

• Like 2

KD in CA

Watching the sunset on Cape Cod bay for the hundredth time and this question came to mind. How does this reconcile with flat earth nuts? Why would the sun disappear from view gradually?

image.thumb.jpeg.8cfb890ec3bcb65997cc46376595fb83.jpeg

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Watching the sunset on Cape Cod bay for the hundredth time and this question came to mind. How does this reconcile with flat earth nuts? Why would the sun disappear from view gradually?

Oh, the earth is flat :classic_ninja:

20210427_dog.jpg

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Saw that...beat me to it. I prefer "Sharks on Cocaine"

With the title song sung to the tune of "White Punks on Dope"

:chuckle:

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

With the title song sung to the tune of "White Punks on Dope"

:chuckle:

Not "Bulls on Parade"?! by Rage Against the Machine

The outro part..."Sharks on Cocaine...." (guitar dun dun.. dun.. dun dun.. dun dun dun)

• Like 1

devnull
11 minutes ago, snafu said:

Why do they test sharks for drugs?

Test the sealife to see what's in the water

17 hours ago, snafu said:

Profiling.

:whistling:

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 7/26/2024 at 8:12 PM, KD in CA said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8cfb890ec3bcb65997cc46376595fb83.jpeg

As someone who argues with Flat Earthers on Quora:

They argue perspective and diffraction through the atmosphere.  As the sun circles the flat plane, it gets more distant from you, so appears to move down to the horizon.  And diffraction of the light in the atmosphere bends the light so the sun appears to be under the horizon.

They also don't believe in gravity - we're held down on the earth's surface by "buoyancy" and "density."  We're denser than the air, so less buoyant, so at ground level.  I've never had a flat earther manage to explain to me, though, how buoyancy is supposed to work without a force like gravity to act on materials.

They're hilariously stupid.  

EDIT: if you want a good laugh.  https://debunkingflatearth.quora.com/

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 hours ago, snafu said:

Part of the background check for attaching frickin' laser beams to their heads...

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

As someone who argues with Flat Earthers on Quora:

They argue perspective and diffraction through the atmosphere.  As the sun circles the flat plane, it gets more distant from you, so appears to move down to the horizon.  And diffraction of the light in the atmosphere bends the light so the sun appears to be under the horizon.

They also don't believe in gravity - we're held down on the earth's surface by "buoyancy" and "density."  We're denser than the air, so less buoyant, so at ground level.  I've never had a flat earther manage to explain to me, though, how buoyancy is supposed to work without a force like gravity to act on materials.

They're hilariously stupid.  

EDIT: if you want a good laugh.  https://debunkingflatearth.quora.com/

Do Flat Earthers believe that only the Earth is flat?  Or are all, or some celestial bodies flat?

What do they think about the sun and the Moon?

Crap Throwing Clavin
37 minutes ago, snafu said:

Do Flat Earthers believe that only the Earth is flat?  Or are all, or some celestial bodies flat?

What do they think about the sun and the Moon?

Some believe other planets are round, some don't.

Some don't believe in conservation of angular momentum, either.  Some think if you travel south of 60 degrees south latitude, you'll get shot by a super-secret international security force with a mission of keeping the Southern Ice Wall secret.  

At least one has "proven" the earth is flat with a sextant...using a tool for taking measurement in spherical trigonometry to prove spherical trigonometry doesn't exist.

But still...they're not the stupidest spuds on the internet, as not a single one of them has ever argued that you can roll a 3.5 on a die.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Wife: "What are you getting for your midlife crisis?"

Me: Can I get a Gibson SG 61?

"You don't want a girlfriend?"

I can get a girlfriend?

"I wouldn't blame you."

No, I want a Gibson SG 61.

"You'd rather have a new guitar than a girlfriend?"

If you think I'm not getting a mistress, you've never seen a Gibson SG 61.

Oh yeah, plus, of course...

giphy.webp

• Haha 3