Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

Crap Throwing Clavin

So this morning...daily status meeting, an unfamiliar number dials in.

"Who's on the xxx number?"

This is H.  My accounts were locked, I couldn't get in to the meeting.

"Uh...yeah.  That's because your last day was yesterday."

It was?

"Yes, you weren't retained under the new contract."

I didn't know.

"We've been telling you for six weeks."

How on earth do you not pay attention to the notice that YOU WILL NO LONGER BE GETTING PAID?????

I work with some of the stupidest people on the face of the planet.  :facepalm:  At least I'm no longer working with one of them.

• Wow 1

Uncle Joe
6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

How on earth do you not pay attention to the notice that YOU WILL NO LONGER BE GETTING PAID?????

I work with some of the stupidest people on the face of the planet.  :facepalm:  At least I'm no longer working with one of them.

Check your firewall. (It fits the movie narrative...I know you said that person was stupid)
Milton office space movie | Poisoned Pets | Pet Food Safety News

• Haha 1

Fansince88
On 8/15/2024 at 12:11 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My boss fired a guy they caught helping himself to things he needed in the warehouse. His reply, "can I at least work Thursday so I can collect the whole weeks pay"? 

• Facepalm 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/21/2024 at 8:17 AM, Fansince88 said:

I dont know. I can map out a job and buy supplies online delivered to my door knowing and getting exactly what I need to complete. Its a gift that was handed down from my father. Not only can I picture a project complete I can picture the supplies needed.  My proudest moment is how little waste I have when Im done. I never buy plumbing parts locally. Supplyhouse.com is normally a fraction of the price especially in bulk. Our local plumbing place thinks all their fittings are gold plated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Crap Throwing Clavin

This week, in Unbelievably Stupid Auditor Questions:

"Tell us why Amanda Jones has six different accounts.  Users are supposed to have only one account."

Ummm...It's a public web site.  Maybe "name" isn't a unique identifier, and there's six different "Amanda Joneses" in the country?  :facepalm:

At least it's nice to know that if I ever have a debilitating stroke or a severe brain injury, I still have a career as a security auditor.  

• Haha 5

KD in CA
On 8/19/2024 at 3:02 PM, Ann said:

At a nice place, sure. But the best pizza near me has outdoor tables and QR codes. Order and pay for your ‘za and beer and it just shows up. Only one interaction with the staff required.  👍

And any restaurant that brings you a check should have a payment QR code right on it. There is no more annoying waste of time in life than waiting for the waiter to come back and take your CC and then go run it and bring it back.

Fansince88
On 8/19/2024 at 11:53 AM, B-Man said:

c0e32728-7d29-4cad-bc87-ab8792652261-650

Ok kids, get under a desk. Thise things were built to hold up the concrete ceiling. 

• Like 3

Fansince88
On 8/23/2024 at 10:54 PM, 4merper4mer said:

This is builing the house with my firstborn.....no not when he was first born building my house. Building his house now. 

Also, Emanuel Todd Lopez? 😆 

Fansince88
On 8/24/2024 at 1:39 PM, KD in CA said:

At a nice place, sure. But the best pizza near me has outdoor tables and QR codes. Order and pay for your ‘za and beer and it just shows up. Only one interaction with the staff required.  👍

And any restaurant that brings you a check should have a payment QR code right on it. There is no more annoying waste of time in life than waiting for the waiter to come back and take your CC and then go run it and bring it back.

If Im eating with friends we are never in a rush to leave the table.    

Oh, wait, do you not have friends?

21 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Ok kids, get under a desk. Thise things were built to hold up the concrete ceiling. 

And now they're all wasting away in some landfill or used for a reef barrier somewhere because they were replaced with desks made from Chinese drywall

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Auditors: We need to see the plan of actions and milestones about how you're addressing these findings.

Me: here's the milestones and how they address the findings.

Auditors: We need more detaill.

Me: here's an eight page project plan, complete with Gantt charts, individual assignments, and risk management plan, for the work.

Auditors: We need more detail.

Me: It's an eight page plan for four months of work.  There IS no more detail.  If you can't work with that, then go pound sand up your ass.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2

IDBillzFan

This continues to bewilder me.

First, I grew up with Andre the Giant, Capt Lou Albano, etc. IT was fun. When I was 10.

The truth is I probably wouldn't even know that fake wrestling still existed if it weren't for Pat McAfee. It is 100% the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The adult crowds they pull in. The drama they produce. It simply blows my mind.

And this finds its way into my timeline, somehow, and while I realize it's probably 20 years old, it just boggles my mind that people THRIVE on this shit.