Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

“Tires” on Netflix is *fantastic*…

FANTASTIC

• Cheers 2

Fansince88

Just finished Will Trent season 2. Didnt know it existed so caught up in 1 season. I like it. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Just finished Will Trent season 2. Didnt know it existed so caught up in 1 season. I like it. 

Me too,

really good season finale

Fansince88
5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Me too,

really good season finale

Kept you hanging. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Godzilla Minus One finally hit streaming.  On Netflix as of this weekend.

Deranged Rhino
On 5/6/2024 at 4:18 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Rewatching the Mission Impossible movies from 4 onward (because let's face it, 2 and 3 sucked, and 1, while good, was very different as a De Palma movie).

And Tom Cruise is 

1) Definitely the last of the movie stars.

2) Completely nuts.  Watching his stunt work actually pulls me out of the movie, just for saying "Jesus, man, how the &#%$ are you still alive?"  For his motorcycle riding alone, he should have died twice already.  

2 is trash - but in the most ridiculous John Woo way. I think that movie is only 20 minutes if you took out all the slo-mo. 

1 still holds up for me, but it's a completely different sort of espionage thriller than the rest of the series. It's way more grounded. De Palma did some crazy shots in that film that most directors today couldn't pull off.

3 though is one of my favorites of the franchise, mainly because of Philip Seymour Hoffman's evil turn is so well done. The calm, cool, psychopathy of his character could have come off so ham fisted but he made it work. Miss that dude. And it still has the best opening of the franchise imo (because JJ knows how to open a story - just not how to end one).

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

2 is trash - but in the most ridiculous John Woo way. I think that movie is only 20 minutes if you took out all the slo-mo. 

1 still holds up for me, but it's a completely different sort of espionage thriller than the rest of the series. It's way more grounded. De Palma did some crazy shots in that film that most directors today couldn't pull off.

3 though is one of my favorites of the franchise, mainly because of Philip Seymour Hoffman's evil turn is so well done. The calm, cool, psychopathy of his character could have come off so ham fisted but he made it work. Miss that dude. And it still has the best opening of the franchise imo (because JJ knows how to open a story - just not how to end one).

2 I consider a guilty pleasure, like Hudson Hawk.  I recognize it's not good...I still find it entertaining.

1...I'm not really a fan of De Palma (I find his cinematography too stark, it interferes with my suspension of disbelief).  I thought it was a good story.  But what I like best about that whole movie is the "dangling from the ceiling" scene, for one single reason: the use of silence to build tension.  That's like a ten minute scene, largely relying on visuals.  There isn't even a score to detract from it.  

It's iconic because of Cruise's wire work...but that's not what makes it great.

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
On 8/31/2022 at 9:17 AM, IDBillzFan said:

Been watching "Welcome to Wrexham," and if you have the time, you need to put it in your queue.

Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenny buy a failing soccer team in the city of Wrexham in Wales, which is essentially a small Buffalo, where the team is always shitty and at the bottom of the rankings, but it's essentially all the people have. 

The dudes buy the team to try in hopes of turning it around, and as much as I am bored by soccer, I'm three episodes in and it's just absolutely fantastic.

I just started watching. This season is all that is available to me.
Who F...ng made Gordon Ramsey coach?

• Haha 3

Fansince88
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Ahhh. J7W to the rescue. One of Japans plagerized planes. Thw movie was ok. Glad it was dubbed as it should have been. 

Edited by Fansince88

MothersMilk

I watched Hannibal yesterday, I think it's a decent follow up to SOTL. Tiny bit hokey but overall solid. Hopkins and the new Starling did a superb job. I haven't watched the next one in a very long time but I remember it being kind of lame. 

bdutton
18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I saw that posted somewhere else on Friday and watched it that evening.  I've been wanting to see it since it was released.  I watched in original Japanese with subtitles. I was really impressed. Great character development and special effects on a movie that cost 14 million was really well done.

Nouseforaname
On 6/2/2024 at 1:14 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Thanks for this.

I’m about a quarter into the movie and I’m as intrigued at the story of the main characters as I am about Godzilla.

That’s quality writing and directing. 

• Like 3

devnull
2 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Great movie...

Great movie, and a great review by Critical Drinker (which what I posted)

• Love 2

bdutton

I watched the Netflix movie Hitman.  It was fun but honestly the premise and end was pretty poorly conceived considering modern policing and forensic tech.  Ignore that and enjoy.  6.5/10.

Rewatched Galaxy Quest on Pluto yesterday.  Love that movie.

48 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Rewatched Galaxy Quest on Pluto yesterday.  Love that movie.

The perfect movie.