Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

IDBillzFan

We flipped around and found "Kevin Can F*** Himself."

What intrigued us was the relatively constant back and forth of being shot as a canned-audience-laughter sitcom and a drama series. We only watched the first episode, and while I'm fairly certain I enjoyed it, I'm not sure if my bride was in enough to go back for a second, so I'm curious if anyone else has watched this.

In terms of creative thinking/something unexpectedly new, it's up there with Cop Rock, which I readily admit was a show where I was apparently its only fan.

Anyone watch the whole series?

On 8/16/2024 at 8:10 PM, Foxx said:

Romulus

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

In Space, No One Opens The Door.

Not only are they rebooting one Sci-Fi franchise, they are borrowing names from another

715UqN3Oi4L.jpg

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, devnull said:

Not only are they rebooting one Sci-Fi franchise, they are borrowing names from another

715UqN3Oi4L.jpg

That's a reboot?

Most pointless reboot since...well, Twister.  

Crap Throwing Clavin

Just got back from Deadpool & Wolverine.  Not sure it's worth $22/ticket in theaters, but it's worth seeing.  Ultimately, it's a nice tribute to the 20th Century Fox Marvel properties that Disney's acquired - the cameos are excellent, relevant, and pretty funny.  Stay through the credits.

Two penguins out of five - one penguin because it's good, not great.  And one because...well, it's definitely not winning an Oscar for sound editing.  The mixing, at least where I was, was thoroughly &#%$ed up.  I couldn't hear a good part of the dialog over the music.  

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Just got back from Deadpool & Wolverine.  Not sure it's worth $22/ticket in theaters, but it's worth seeing.  Ultimately, it's a nice tribute to the 20th Century Fox Marvel properties that Disney's acquired - the cameos are excellent, relevant, and pretty funny.  Stay through the credits.

Two penguins out of five - one penguin because it's good, not great.  And one because...well, it's definitely not winning an Oscar for sound editing.  The mixing, at least where I was, was thoroughly &#%$ed up.  I couldn't hear a good part of the dialog over the music.  

Should've seen it in 3D.  The sound was mixed properly in THAT version.

And, yeah, it was not a great movie.  It was actually pretty dumb.  But it was GREAT fun.  Just wish it didn't go for the Mandatory Marvel MultiverseTM set up.  Without that it probably would've still be dumb but a great movie not just a very good movie.

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Should've seen it in 3D.  The sound was mixed properly in THAT version.

And, yeah, it was not a great movie.  It was actually pretty dumb.  But it was GREAT fun.  Just wish it didn't go for the Mandatory Marvel MultiverseTM set up.  Without that it probably would've still be dumb but a great movie not just a very good movie.

Nothing wrong with dumb, as long as it's entertaining.  Frankly, all the Deadpool movies have been pretty dumb.  And they all have the same character development - Wade Wilson is a selfish @$$h@l& who discovers a larger purpose.  

Beats being dumb and painfully dull, like 65.  Or dumb and scatterbrained, like Meg 2: The Trench and Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.  

Or dumb and "Why is all your character introduction 20 minutes of Viola Davis narrating while eating a steak?" like Suicide Squad.  

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Nothing wrong with dumb, as long as it's entertaining.  Frankly, all the Deadpool movies have been pretty dumb.  And they all have the same character development - Wade Wilson is a selfish @$$h@l& who discovers a larger purpose.  

Beats being dumb and painfully dull, like 65.  Or dumb and scatterbrained, like Meg 2: The Trench and Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.  

Or dumb and "Why is all your character introduction 20 minutes of Viola Davis narrating while eating a steak?" like Suicide Squad.  

Miss the days of Suicide Squad being a relatively good non Batman DC Movie and Age of Ultron being a disappointing Marvel movie.

And, as said when Deadpool & Wolverine came out, it was amazingly dumb but a lot of fun and very entertaining.

KD in CA
On 8/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, IDBillzFan said:

We flipped around and found "Kevin Can F*** Himself."

What intrigued us was the relatively constant back and forth of being shot as a canned-audience-laughter sitcom and a drama series. We only watched the first episode, and while I'm fairly certain I enjoyed it, I'm not sure if my bride was in enough to go back for a second, so I'm curious if anyone else has watched this.

In terms of creative thinking/something unexpectedly new, it's up there with Cop Rock, which I readily admit was a show where I was apparently its only fan.

Anyone watch the whole series?

I’ve been meaning to watch it solely based on the title and the people throughout my life that I can imagine having said that exact phrase.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Haha 2

Fansince88
On 8/22/2024 at 8:43 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That's a reboot?

Most pointless reboot since...well, Twister.  

It was ok. Saw it at our local drive in. Could definitely have done without it. That said saw the first one at the same drive in the night before we had a microburst that destroyed the place. 

Uncle Joe
On 9/1/2024 at 7:02 AM, Nanker said:

Dark Winds

I watched season 1.  AMC+ wants $ for season 2. So I'll wait. I hear it is on Netflix so if I sign up for Netflix to hibernate this winter I'll watch it then.
(Right now Paramount is a priority, 😁)

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt

I recommend the new Beetlejuice!! No woke or gay shit in it which was nice.

Kind of odd dig at Alec Baldwin in it from William Dafoe considering he shot and killed somebody on set. Maybe it was more of a desensitization ploy...

• Like 1