Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And if you read the Poloncarz quotes, he doesn't give a shit. I don't know anything about him as a county executive, but he's essentially saying "The county owns the stadium, you don't have a right to attend a football game, and if you don't like our requirements you can GFY."

He is correct. Follow stadium rules or be banned from the stadium. But he comes across as a monster-sized douchecanoe in the way he is communicating this. It's pretty embarrassing, but I'm 100% sure he doesn't care.

He’s in office through 2023. Should be interesting if people forgive and forget or not,

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Poloncarz said kids are eligible, but they must be vaccinated as well.

I believe the minimum age to get what is currently available is 16 though, so it doesn’t seem like anyone younger than that will be allowed admission.

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Poloncarz said kids are eligible, but they must be vaccinated as well.

Because it only makes sense to stick an unproven drug into the body of our youngest kids who, oh, by the way, are the LEAST likely to get or give Covid.

Today was the first time I saw any appointments available in WNY. If he wants people vaccinated, it might help to not have to travel a few hours out of area to get one. :classic_dry:

• Angry 1

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

He’s in office through 2023. Should be interesting if people forgive and forget or not,

He's a Democrat in WNY.  The only way he loses is in the primary.  People are such &#%$ing sheep.

I’ll say I’m not anti vax at all.  I don’t care what you do.  That said, I’ll be damned if I participate in some state-run “passport” program.  And maybe I’m just getting old and cranky (not maybe, definitely) but the young wokescolds on Bills twitter are intolerable.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RkFast said:

I’ll say I’m not anti vax at all.  I don’t care what you do.  That said, I’ll be damned if I participate in some state-run “passport” program.  And maybe I’m just getting old and cranky (not maybe, definitely) but the young wokescolds on Bills twitter are intolerable.  

Unfortunately, there are large numbers of people who simply have no ability or desire to think for themselves. They are just stupid enough to believe that having your own opinion on the vaccines means you're selfish.

I'm too busy being embarrassed these people are also Bills fans to give it much more attention than that. The shaming part is particularly embarrassing. They are simply too stupid to realize that the shaming part is what makes them especially annoying.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

3 hours ago, Hedge said:

I haven't seen anything specific yet, but I guess this policy would also mean that there will be no kids in the stadium this upcoming season.

makes sense since kids don't transmit the virus

Alaska Darin
29 minutes ago, Ann said:

This is an interesting thread. The final tweet is in response to more tweets. He's an out of area season ticket holder.  I have no idea what is going to happen, but I am not sure Poloncarz ran this by the Bills before announcing it.

This pandemic and the resulting genuflection by the sheeple has emboldened pretty much every Democrat politician to do things previously not possible.

This world abhors a lack of balance.  I'm curious as to what the reckoning will finally be.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

This is an interesting thread. The final tweet is in response to more tweets. He's an out of area season ticket holder.  I have no idea what is going to happen, but I am not sure Poloncarz ran this by the Bills before announcing it.

That Erie County Executive believes he gets to make that call because the county owns the stadium.

We'll see, I guess.

48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This pandemic and the resulting genuflection by the sheeple has emboldened pretty much every Democrat politician to do things previously not possible.

As is evidenced by the person in that thread who's response to the confusion is "They'll figure it out. It's four months away."

30 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

As is evidenced by the person in that thread who's response to the confusion is "They'll figure it out. It's four months away."

Which really helps out of state (and country) season ticket holders know whether they should pay today or not.

16 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Looks like Poloncarz's message isn't receiving the universal praise he expected.

Rachel Bush, Jordan Poyer’s wife, loses it on Twitter over Bills vaccine rule

WTF!? There have been no appointments open in WNY. What, now you can get a slot without going to the VA or calling for leftovers at the end of the day, and that is a "slow down"?

</snip>

Poloncarz announced the vaccination policy during a news briefing, after expressing disappointment in the sudden “tremendous slowdown” of vaccine appointments.

</snip>

Now, say what you will about her, but she does have a right to express her opinion. I am not sure where this is "misinformation" though.

Note: my niece is a BPS teacher and her doctor told her not to get the vaccine while pregnant or nursing (she delivered last month). I have a very good friend who works with the public (and did throughout this  mess) who is now pregnant and her doctor told her not to get the vaccine while pregnant (or nursing).

</snip>

“We have pregnant wives. Wives who are breast-feeding. Wives who have already had Covid (so it’s dangerous to get vaccinated now) etc etc. NONE of us are comfortable with getting the vaccine. NONE of us should be forced to do so in order to watch our own husbands play live,” Bush, who was a regular at Bills homes games pre-pandemic, tweeted.

Bush went on to reiterate how “alarmed” she is by “the amount of Americans that think it’s perfectly okay for the government to force an experimental vaccine on citizens.”

</snip>

12 hours ago, Joe said:

Looks like I won't be attending any bills games this year.

Poloncarz can roll his passport up and smoke it.

My thoughts as well. Was watching a DR from the UK a few weeks back and he claims that the Sars1 patients still have the antibodies from all those years ago. His claim is saying that the Antibodies last only a few months is bogus. The push is for the vaccine and I have to believe there is an ulterior reason for that. I just cant place my finger on it. especially since when it was Trumps Vaccine most of them would refuse it.