Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

Fansince88
15 hours ago, Foxx said:

While I was probably the one to send this thread off it's tracks, just a gentle reminder that this thread is for NFL Covid impacts. Please try to keep commentary to this aspect please. We have a thread for general Covid discussions outside of this thread.

Thanks!

I agree. That said how can you get more covid NFL related then, "me not being allowed to enter a stadium is ok even though I have natural immunity but one that has been vaccinated can come and go at will. But I digress. 

15 hours ago, Figster said:

I goated you into it,  so you can blame me.

Oh no you dont!!! It was me!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I agree. That said how can you get more covid NFL related then, "me not being allowed to enter a stadium is ok even though I have natural immunity but one that has been vaccinated can come and go at will. But I digress. 

There were a few posts that were not football related.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

There were a few posts that were not football related.

Its hard to bring up Covid impacting anything without getting a variety of responses IMO. Its a sensative topic, and complicated as it relates to the world we live in. Myself personally,  its hard for me to make a sensible argument without discussing Covid 19 in its totality. Its not like we have a ton of football to discuss right now.

I will say this, its very refreshing not having post disappearing into thin air without explanation by way of moderation. Got old...

Fansince88
6 hours ago, Figster said:

Its hard to bring up Covid impacting anything without getting a variety of responses IMO. Its a sensative topic, and complicated as it relates to the world we live in. Myself personally,  its hard for me to make a sensible argument without discussing Covid 19 in its totality. Its not like we have a ton of football to discuss right now.

I will say this, its very refreshing not having post disappearing into thin air without explanation by way of moderation. Got old...

Very cleaver Figman! i see you said football. HAHA. I agree with your POV!

• Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
On 5/10/2021 at 9:20 AM, Figster said:

I remember when everyone told me that everyone participating in the mandatory Obamacare was critical to its success, and then being told that if I was against the idea of the federal government forcing me to buy something I might not really need that I would be jeopardizing it for everyone else.

If Obamacare fails, I was told, it would be squarely on the shoulders of people like myself who believe the federal government should never force you to buy a product, from them or anyone. And you can save the whole 'car insurance' or 'seat belt' argument because they remain the choice of getting a car.

So you'll forgive those of us who respect everyone who makes the choice to get the vaccine but disrespect the people who insist that if I don't get the vaccine, I'll be responsible for shutting down businesses and stadiums and generally just being responsible for killing people.

Tip: If the businesses and stadiums allow non-vaccinated people in, it's not the non-vaccinated who would be responsible for shutting their business down.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I remember when everyone told me that everyone participating in the mandatory Obamacare was critical to its success, and then being told that if I was against the idea of the federal government forcing me to buy something I might not really need that I would be jeopardizing it for everyone else.

If Obamacare fails, I was told, it would be squarely on the shoulders of people like myself who believe the federal government should never force you to buy a product, from them or anyone. And you can save the whole 'car insurance' or 'seat belt' argument because they remain the choice of getting a car.

So you'll forgive those of us who respect everyone who makes the choice to get the vaccine but disrespect the people who insist that if I don't get the vaccine, I'll be responsible for shutting down businesses and stadiums and generally just being responsible for killing people.

Tip: If the businesses and stadiums allow non-vaccinated people in, it's not the non-vaccinated who would be responsible for shutting their business down.

Thanks

Our Countrys freedoms has been a big reason nobody can get on the same page fighting the pandemic. I'm ok with that because its part of who we are IMO.

Why does a difference of opinion have to be a show of disrespect?

25 minutes ago, Ann said:

A large group of people clustered together  in a yard. Many are wearing green hats or shirts.
In this May 1, 2021 photo provided by Mojo Hill, University of Oregon students and fans gathering at a cramped outdoor party in Eugene. The University of Oregon says it is "disappointed" to see the photo of more than 100 students at the same time that the region weathers a spike in cases of COVID-19 and businesses endure new restrictions. None of the packed party-goers in the photo are wearing masks.

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

A large group of people clustered together  in a yard. Many are wearing green hats or shirts.
In this May 1, 2021 photo provided by Mojo Hill, University of Oregon students and fans gathering at a cramped outdoor party in Eugene. The University of Oregon says it is "disappointed" to see the photo of more than 100 students at the same time that the region weathers a spike in cases of COVID-19 and businesses endure new restrictions. None of the packed party-goers in the photo are wearing masks.

They're "disappointed"? Gee, kids rebelling against arbitrary rules after being locked down for over a year, who could have ever seen that coming?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

CDC Director Defends Agency’s Use of Inflated Outdoor COVID Transmission Rate (msn.com)

Leonhardt explained that CDC officials chose a high benchmark of ten percent that had little basis in scientific reality. Dr. Muge Cevik, a virologist at the University of St. Andrews, said the benchmark “seems to be a huge exaggeration.” His report cited multiple epidemiologists who believe the share of outdoor transmission is closer to one percent and could be below 0.1 percent. When rare outdoor spread does occur, it is in crowded venues and congested spaces, according to the report.

In addition to the flawed CDC guidance on outdoor coronavirus transmission, Collins said the CDC’s reasoning for summer camp and school re-opening delays are also chipping away at the organization’s credibility and reputation

IDBillzFan
15 hours ago, Figster said:

Thanks

Our Countrys freedoms has been a big reason nobody can get on the same page fighting the pandemic. I'm ok with that because its part of who we are IMO.

Why does a difference of opinion have to be a show of disrespect?

It's not the difference of opinion that drives the disrespect. It's the way people respond to the difference of opinion, particularly when one side argues that, iSnce you disagree with me, you're responsible for whatever goes wrong and the blame belongs exclusively to you.

Which was the point of the comparison to Obamacare and the vax crowd. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's not the difference of opinion that drives the disrespect. It's the way people respond to the difference of opinion, particularly when one side argues that, iSnce you disagree with me, you're responsible for whatever goes wrong and the blame belongs exclusively to you.

Which was the point of the comparison to Obamacare and the vax crowd. 

I can't speak for everyone. My opinion is based on what the science is telling us. From a business standpoint as it relates to the NFL and other businesses. From a health standpoint. I respect your rights as a US citizen and I respect your principles. 

I'm not blaming you...

Edited by Figster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

I can't speak for everyone. My opinion is based on what the science is telling us. From a business standpoint as it relates to the NFL and other businesses. From a health standpoint. I respect your rights as a US citizen and I respect your principles. 

I'm not blaming you...

not good news for those to attend Bills games relying on vaccine for protection from virus

https://abc7ny.com/yankees-phil-nevin-third-base-coach-covid/10621690/

all seven people who tested positive were vaccinated with the Johnson & Johnson shot on April 7

The NY State Health Dept is investigating to determine if the positive tests within the Yankees organization meets the formal definition of a vaccine breakthrough

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

not good news for those to attend Bills games relying on vaccine for protection from virus

https://abc7ny.com/yankees-phil-nevin-third-base-coach-covid/10621690/

all seven people who tested positive were vaccinated with the Johnson & Johnson shot on April 7

The NY State Health Dept is investigating to determine if the positive tests within the Yankees organization meets the formal definition of a vaccine breakthrough

I think its possible people can catch the virus while in the process of getting vaccinated. ( same day) If this happens I also think its possible testing positive 30 days later is not out of the question because it may have altered the time frames we are accustomed to seeing IMO. (Speculation)

Players and coaches do many activities together in groups. J & J has also had quality control problems and this is an isolated occurrence that should make it easier to investigate IMO. 

Edited by Figster

Nouseforaname

So bills mafia hating on cole beasley?

Pretty sure it’s also unsafe to jump through a table .

&#%$ing idiots 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Meazza said:

So bills mafia hating on cole beasley?

Pretty sure it’s also unsafe to jump through a table .

&#%$ing idiots 

I checked out THOT to see if they were fussing about it yet. I can't believe we live in a society where people want to dictate the will of another person.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boyst said:

I can't believe we live in a society where people want to dictate the will of another person.

I can.  Its humanity's natural state

We were fortunate to have lived during a time of relative freedom and peace.  Yet cursed to have to bear witness to our society's voluntary dissolution of liberty

• Like 3