Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

16 hours ago, Ann said:

Fauci emails confirm minimal spread if a person is not actually sick

NFL protocols are based on lies that serve no health purpose

https://stuartbramhall.wordpress.com/2021/03/09/study-of-10-million-finds-no-evidence-of-asymptomatic-covid-spread/

In essence, the larger question being asked is: can people without coronavirus symptoms spread the COVID-19 virus?  This question is at the heart of all current COVID mitigation efforts.  If there is no asymptomatic spread then what is all of this mask wearing nonsense and shut-down mandates all about?

A research paper published on November 20th highlights a case study of almost 10 million people in China.  What the study found was there were 300 cases of Coronavirus in the population being carried without any symptoms at all.  So the scientists then tracked the asymptomatic carriers.  The contact tracing of 1,174 “close contacts” with the asymptomatic carriers showed ZERO transmission.  Not a few, not a couple, but zero -none-  not a single transmission of Coronavirus from a person without symptoms.

The conclusion is not that asymptomatic spread is rare or that the science is uncertain. The study revealed something that hardly ever happens in these kinds of studies. There was not one documented case. Forget rare. Forget even Fauci’s previous suggestion that asymptomatic transmission exists but not does drive the spread. Replace all that with: never. At least not in this study for 10,000,000.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

IDBillzFan
On 6/4/2021 at 6:09 AM, Ann said:

I saw immediate grumbling from sports reporters that it is "dehumanizing" for the athletes to "talk to a screen." Ummmm but it was a-ok last year? Anyhoooo I'd guess reporters are a PITA and this keeps them out of the locker room and gives the team/players some privacy without a mic being shoved in their face. The team/players control the interview process. This seems to have upset some ports journalists. :classic_laugh:

As a recovering journalist, just a note that, in general, your average daily-publication sports journalist doesn't really make much money. I'm not talking about the ESPN talking heads, etc., but the !Timmah! Grahams and John Wawrows and local beat reporters, who don't even get close to a six-figure salary.

This not only explains why they virtuall ALL lean far left, but when you wonder why they'd work so hard for such little money, it comes down to ego, and that ego gets fed by having their name in print and having a few high-profile players or coaches on speed dial.

When you eliminate their ability to be face-to-face with famous people, they're just another beat writer with an AP Style Book, the ability to properly hyphenate a modifier, and a free airport car wash coupon. Their ego starves on that diet.

One wonders... what is 'enough'?

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1401498779388416004

NFL struggling to convince enough players to get vaccinated

...  The NFL hasn’t said how many of the league’s 2,880 players are vaccinated, but anecdotally, the Bills aren’t the only team having trouble. One AFC player said about 50 percent of players on his team are vaccinated. Lions offensive tackle Taylor Decker said that getting the vaccine isn’t the best choice for him. Two agents representing several dozen players estimated that less than half of the league’s players have gotten at least one shot. ...

Less than half is probably an accurate reflection of the US populace.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

One wonders... what is 'enough'?

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1401498779388416004

NFL struggling to convince enough players to get vaccinated

...  The NFL hasn’t said how many of the league’s 2,880 players are vaccinated, but anecdotally, the Bills aren’t the only team having trouble. One AFC player said about 50 percent of players on his team are vaccinated. Lions offensive tackle Taylor Decker said that getting the vaccine isn’t the best choice for him. Two agents representing several dozen players estimated that less than half of the league’s players have gotten at least one shot. ...

Less than half is probably an accurate reflection of the US populace.

enough is what they have now

if players are not sick, they don transmit the virus

if sick, stay home and get treated - 99.97% will recover with no problems

masks are worthless - as are the NFL protocols mandating all NFL coaches be vaccinated

Edited by Spartacus
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

we reached herd immunity last October

right around  the start of the great vaccine push in the US

strictly a coincidence that the results from the vaccine have been so outstanding in reducing Covid sickness (not counting the side effects from the vaccine)

IDBillzFan

Montez Sweat is the new NFL Covid whipping boy today.

Like Allen, he said he was waiting for more facts before getting the vaccine.

Twitter douchenozzles are absolutely obliterating him today.

One thing I hate about the NFL is when people who never pay attention to the NFL decide to pile on an NFL player because he disagrees with their thinking.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Montez Sweat is the new NFL Covid whipping boy today.

Like Allen, he said he was waiting for more facts before getting the vaccine.

Twitter douchenozzles are absolutely obliterating him today.

One thing I hate about the NFL is when people who never pay attention to the NFL decide to pile on an NFL player because he disagrees with their thinking.

well, to be fair, he did sound like an idiot. I have no problem with vax/no vax decision, but at least know how/why the vaccine works.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, to be fair, he did sound like an idiot. I have no problem with vax/no vax decision, but at least know how/why the vaccine works.

Which makes sense if they're busting his balls for sounding like an idiot. But virtually all of the pile-on is people with 5 followers jumping in his shit for not believing what he is expected to believe.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 8:59 AM, Spartacus said:

enough is what they have now

if players are not sick, they don transmit the virus

if sick, stay home and get treated - 99.97% will recover with no problems

masks are worthless - as are the NFL protocols mandating all NFL coaches be vaccinated

It's almost like you're suggesting COVID isn't all that dangerous to young, exceptionally fit and healthy young people.  But the media hasn't told me that, so it can't be true.

• FANtastic 1

34 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Which makes sense if they're busting his balls for sounding like an idiot. But virtually all of the pile-on is people with 5 followers jumping in his shit for not believing what he is expected to believe.

Drives me nuts.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

why should he care how it works

He has no need or desire to have it injected into his body

he is young and healthy and in zero danger from the virus, especially if treated quickly when sick

32 minutes ago, Ann said:

Drives me nuts.

Yeah, it's really bad. Many times they don't have any followers, and are following 3 people, and yet if enough bots respond, it make a trending headline on Twitter and that leads to another headline on the major networks. 

What's ridiculous on Twitter, especially, is the way they posit trends. Yesterday they had things like "Sam Darnold talks about whether he'll get the vaccine, which is considered safe and effective by the CDC."

Nice qualifier, Twitter. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

why should he care how it works

He has no need or desire to have it injected into his body

he is young and healthy and in zero danger from the virus, especially if treated quickly when sick

Did you read his quotes? 
like I said, good number of the comments just about him being a dolt. And he deserved it.