Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

So, there is your forced compliance for any players who make money from the game aside from their game checks.

"No social/media/marketing/sponsorship activities permitted"

The reporters were whining HARD and LOUD when the decision to continue zoom calls went out. I am sure pressure was exerted, and this is the compromise. 

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

More carrot stick approach.

If it was about health they would test for antibodies and lump them in the same group. That said, if you have the vaccine you can still get the virus and share the virus. It isnt about the health. Perhaps I will get to meet you all next year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Bengals running back Joe Mixon has some thoughts on the new policies:

He's not wrong.

What I find interesting is the list of banned substances is a mile long in the NFL, but they want players to inject a vaccine that is approved for emergency use only into their system. Most of the players are under 30, the age group impacted the least by covid-19. 

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

He's not wrong.

What I find interesting is the list of banned substances is a mile long in the NFL, but they want players to inject a vaccine that is approved for emergency use only into their system. Most of the players are under 30, the age group impacted the least by covid-19. 

The league and PA's entire COVID response has been more about PR than the league actually giving a crap about the players or coaches.

Mixon ain't wrong about their union leadership either. It's not really a secret that DeMaurice Smith is useless, but the players still keep him on as Executive Director.

14 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

If it was about health they would test for antibodies and lump them in the same group. That said, if you have the vaccine you can still get the virus and share the virus. It isnt about the health. Perhaps I will get to meet you all next year.

The Chris Paul case should be interesting

He was vaccinated and still tested positive

NBA trying to save face- not announced whether he will miss games