Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

If unvaccinated places cause a team to miss a game, a forfeit awaits

The NFLputting pressure on teams to put pressure on players to get vaccinated. Though, per an NFL directive, teams cannot cut players solely because of vaccination status.

:eyeroll:

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The NFLputting pressure on teams to put pressure on players to get vaccinated. Though, per an NFL directive, teams cannot cut players solely because of vaccination status.

:eyeroll:

Yeah that was a complete turnaround. Also, how do they know the unvaccinated players started it? What happens if a vaccinated player catches it and spreads it? 

This new Goodell forfeiture policy is bunk and probably won't last. It's already proven that vaccinated people are getting it and hence probably spreading it.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I mean, he's not wrong

Even though he plays for the enemy, I had to like the tweet. 

20 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

This new Goodell forfeiture policy is bunk and probably won't last. It's already proven that vaccinated people are getting it and hence probably spreading it.

Highly unlikely for the vaxxed players who test positive to have enough viral load to infect others.   Just like it's highly unlikely for asymptomatic positives to infect others.

That's why this whole thing is wacked out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Yeah that was a complete turnaround. Also, how do they know the unvaccinated players started it? What happens if a vaccinated player catches it and spreads it? 

As Cole noted in his tweet, not likley that unvaxxed will be even in the building if sick, since they get tested everyday.

The vaxxed will be the super spreaders.

The narrative has already changed that the vaccines only reduce severity of sickness, do not stop the death plague.

Every player should get the T-cell test to validate existing protection in their immune system.

would not be surprised when the vaxxed come up T-cell empty 

https://www.t-detect.com/

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Highly unlikely for the vaxxed players who test positive to have enough viral load to infect others.   Just like it's highly unlikely for asymptomatic positives to infect others.

That's why this whole thing is wacked out.

How'd it spread on the Yankees? 

Interesting take from DeAndre and Ramsey. Let's see what the NFL thinks about its superstars sitting out to keep from screwing the teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

How'd it spread on the Yankees? 

Of the six players who tested positive last week, "most" were vaxxed, so I can take a guess in how it spread.

Just now, GG1 said:

Of the six players who tested positive last week, "most" were vaxxed, so I can take a guess in how it spread.

I had read they all where. 🤷‍♀️

Just now, Ann said:

I had read they all where. 🤷‍♀️

Jonathan Loaisiga, Nestor Cortes Jr., Wandy Peralta, Kyle Higashioka, Gio Urshela and superstar Aaron Judge are the six players who have COVID-19. According to Cashman, “most” of the six players received a coronavirus vaccine.

2 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Jonathan Loaisiga, Nestor Cortes Jr., Wandy Peralta, Kyle Higashioka, Gio Urshela and superstar Aaron Judge are the six players who have COVID-19. According to Cashman, “most” of the six players received a coronavirus vaccine.

And?  Now am I supposed to say I read "most" were? 

Edited to add: 9 vaccinated players for the Yankees also got covid in May. No source listed. Fauci said the chance of a vaccinated spreading it are "very, very low" in that article, so I guess i believe him. :classic_dry:

9 minutes ago, Ann said:

And?  Now am I supposed to say I read "most" were? 

Edited to add: 9 vaccinated players for the Yankees also got covid in May. No source listed. Fauci said the chance of a vaccinated spreading it are "very, very low" in that article, so I guess i believe him. :classic_dry:

There's little data that shows vaxxed, formerly infected or asymptomatic cases are high spreaders of the virus.  You have to know the evidence is rare if even Fauci admits that the risk of spread from those groups is low.  

Missing from the stories is what the players were doing and where they were 3 days prior to testing positive.

21 minutes ago, GG1 said:

There's little data that shows vaxxed, formerly infected or asymptomatic cases are high spreaders of the virus.  You have to know the evidence is rare if even Fauci admits that the risk of spread from those groups is low.  

Missing from the stories is what the players were doing and where they were 3 days prior to testing positive.

I don't doubt that vaccinated people are less likely (even much less likely) to spread covid than unvaccinated people if they contract it. But, it is not never.