Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

25 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Has the NFL and DR Stills come out and said how they will deem if a game needs to be forfeited? Seems like there was a ton of effort last year to contract trace and map the genome ( think that is correct term) of each positive case.  AFAIK , if you are vaxed as a player , no contract tracing this year. 

so let’s say in the unlikely case a vaxed player gets tested on Monday negative, but gets Covid possible on Tuesday. He is around all his teammates all week, including non vaxed people. He does not test again till following Monday, but in the meantime has passed the virus to non vaxed people. 

How do they know the origin of the virus and how do they determine if the game can be played ?

if the league favors the team (Ravens, Titans) or for gambling advantages

they move mountains to play the game

if they don't, forfeit

Bills will be on  the shit list to be made examples of

Edited by Spartacus
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Ann said:

Reading the comments, a LOT of people assume it is the Bills.

I am just taking a guess, but assume that is mainly due to Beasley and Josh Allen from way back in the spring...

This discussion won't only be happening in Buffalo. Though the minority to majority part is probably farther than most will go.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Is this T-Test thing accurate and reliable?

it must be

it's got FDA emergency approval, just like the vaccine

you're probably good if it finds T-cells

if none identified, you still may have them, but below their threshold

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ann said:

It feels like Cole Beasley against the twitter mob every day now...

I can't tell you how many members of Bills Mafia I stopped following the past two days because while our WR is a chatty dude and I wish he would not be so public about it, the Bills fans calling for him to be cut is simply embarrassing.

We can talk all day about who has the best fans, but pissing all over Beas because you're unable to understand how individual people make individual choices makes me question if Bills fans fit the mold. The unnecessary shots they're taking at him makes Twitter a bigger shitstain than it usually is.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I can't tell you how many members of Bills Mafia I stopped following the past two days because while our WR is a chatty dude and I wish he would not be so public about it, the Bills fans calling for him to be cut is simply embarrassing.

We can talk all day about who has the best fans, but pissing all over Beas because you're unable to understand how individual people make individual choices makes me question if Bills fans fit the mold. The unnecessary shots they're taking at him makes Twitter a bigger shitstain than it usually is.

A lot of them are not Bills fans, and never were. In the beginning it was mainly bots. You could see it with the same message, all promoted to the top of the comments with 12 followers, 89 followers, 312 followers, even 0 followers. As it has gone on, fans from other teams hopped on him and would say ludicrous things (you suck, you'll be cut, yada yada). It seems like actual Bills fans hopped on against him in large numbers yesterday after the NFL memo. After all, what's more important than individual freedom to choose? Why winning a football game, of course!

The NFL is being incredible punitive about this after telling Beane (and the rest of the GMs) to cool it and not cut anyone simply because they are not vaccinated. It is clearly a reversal, regardless of how the NFL wants to spin it.

The way the NFL protocols and punishments are set up, these guys who are wary of getting a shot (but willing) should probably choose the J&J shot since the technology has existed for quite some time.

It sucks for them to have their hand forced like this with a vaccine approved for emergency use. If this was a fully approved vaccine, I would feel differently.

9 minutes ago, Ann said:

It sucks for them to have their hand forced like this with a vaccine approved for emergency use. If this was a fully approved vaccine, I would feel differently.

even though the survival rate for young, healthy football players is higher if infected than the  99.97% for the normal population

Edited by Spartacus