Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

Bills  release video, not a mask to be seen on players. Having said that, Josh has one in hand at 17

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Bills  release video, not a mask to be seen on players. Having said that, Josh has one in hand at 17 seconds. 

Every player should have a T-cell test

Validate who has immunity - whether natural or vaccine generated

with the number of vaxxed getting sick - it would not be surprising if the vaccine was failing to generate T-cells and antibodies as promised  

On 7/26/2021 at 11:23 AM, IDBillzFan said:

This is for all the twats who busted Beasley's balls.

BUT WAIT!!! Did they use the recalled tests?

23 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

no - he tested positive for the flu under the new improved PCR test

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

One recalled test was an antigen test and AFAIK the NFL only uses PCR.

The PCR test that was recalled was because of risk of false negatives. 

8 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

One recalled test was an antigen test and AFAIK the NFL only uses PCR.

The PCR test that was recalled was because of risk of false negatives. 

False. See my link in the covid thread. That is the place for this conversation and I would rather it stay there. 

41 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

False. See my link in the covid thread. That is the place for this conversation and I would rather it stay there. 

I did read your link. That's how I know it was recalled because of false negatives. Beyond that it's not the test the NFL uses anyway.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/medical-device-recalls/quidel-recalls-lyra-sars-cov-2-assay-m120-due-risk-false-negative-results

Reason for Recall

Quidel is recalling the Lyra SARS-CoV-2 Assay (M120) due to a significant risk of false negative results for patients with relatively high amounts of SARS‐CoV‐2 virus potentially causing the PCR amplification to occur before a cycle‐threshold (Ct) value ≤5 when using the following thermocyclers

22 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

I did read your link. That's how I know it was recalled because of false negatives. Beyond that it's not the test the NFL uses anyway.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/medical-device-recalls/quidel-recalls-lyra-sars-cov-2-assay-m120-due-risk-false-negative-results

Reason for Recall

Quidel is recalling the Lyra SARS-CoV-2 Assay (M120) due to a significant risk of false negative results for patients with relatively high amounts of SARS‐CoV‐2 virus potentially causing the PCR amplification to occur before a cycle‐threshold (Ct) value ≤5 when using the following thermocyclers

Didn't want to do this here but the other link. 

Btw class 1 recall.

Reason for Recall

Innova Medical Group is recalling its SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Qualitative Test. Labeling distributed with certain configurations of the test includes performance claims that did not accurately reflect the performance estimates observed during the clinical studies of the tests. The performance characteristics of the test have not been adequately established, presenting a risk of false results.

• False-negative results may lead to delayed diagnosis or inappropriate treatment of SARS-CoV-2, which may cause patient harm including serious illness and death. False-negative results can also lead to further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, including when presumed negative patients are grouped into cohorts in health care, long-term care, and other facilities based on false test results.
  • False-positive results could lead to a delay in the correct diagnosis and the initiation of an appropriate treatment for the actual cause of patient illness, which could be another life-threatening disease that is not SARS-CoV-2. False-positive results could also lead to further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus when presumed positive patients are grouped into cohorts based on false test results.

My main point made is if this then what else. We are going in circles here.