Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

10 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Didn't want to do this here but the other link. 

Btw class 1 recall.

Reason for Recall

Innova Medical Group is recalling its SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Qualitative Test. Labeling distributed with certain configurations of the test includes performance claims that did not accurately reflect the performance estimates observed during the clinical studies of the tests. The performance characteristics of the test have not been adequately established, presenting a risk of false results.

• False-negative results may lead to delayed diagnosis or inappropriate treatment of SARS-CoV-2, which may cause patient harm including serious illness and death. False-negative results can also lead to further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, including when presumed negative patients are grouped into cohorts in health care, long-term care, and other facilities based on false test results.
  • False-positive results could lead to a delay in the correct diagnosis and the initiation of an appropriate treatment for the actual cause of patient illness, which could be another life-threatening disease that is not SARS-CoV-2. False-positive results could also lead to further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus when presumed positive patients are grouped into cohorts based on false test results.

My main point made is if this then what else. We are going in circles here. 

That's an antigen test. The NFL doesn't use antigen tests. There are many, many tests on the market and it wasn't a super rare event for a test to be recalled pre-covid. It happens.  

My main point is to not use this type of news to throw the baby out with the bathwater regarding the rest of the covid diagnostics out there. 

If you want to continue the discussion over there I'm fine with it, but I felt it was important to set the record straight here.

29 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

That's an antigen test. The NFL doesn't use antigen tests. There are many, many tests on the market and it wasn't a super rare event for a test to be recalled pre-covid. It happens.  

My main point is to not use this type of news to throw the baby out with the bathwater regarding the rest of the covid diagnostics out there. 

If you want to continue the discussion over there I'm fine with it, but I felt it was important to set the record straight here.

Also dont use this news to keep washing the baby in the same bathwater. That is my point. 

Dawkins and Boetger in protocols. Both vaccinated BTW. This is really staring to drive me crazy. In the vaccine trial protocols, needed two symptoms to even be considered for a test , then took PCR at 30 Ct. no symptoms, no test, no positive. 

All these athletes getting tested all the time should have just signed up to included in trials. 

On 7/28/2021 at 9:50 AM, Fansince88 said:

Also dont use this news to keep washing the baby in the same bathwater. That is my point. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Do you blanket assume that all produce or meat is contaminated every time there is a recall on something?

We are getting off topic. You called into question Reichs covid test based on two recent covid test recalls. Of the tests in question:

One was an antigen based rapid diagnostic that we know the NFL doesn't employ.

The other is a molecular assay that isn't the molecular test that the NFL uses anyway, and even if it was it carried the risk of missing Reichs positive (false negative) and not calling a positive when there was no covid present (false positive) as you implied.

@Fansince88 please ask for specific clarification with what doesn't make sense to you. 

Edited by NCBillsFan
  • Doh! 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's positive (per ESPN)... again? Was he also vaccinated?

Not sure, but didn't he get COVID last year as well?

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Whatnot78 said:

Not sure, but didn't he get COVID last year as well?

He had it for sure last season. Or tested positive for it at least. 

So it would go against most of the narratives right now if he's indeed positive again (haven't seen second confirmation of a positive test for him yet though, just an ESPN blub while at the gym). If he was positive AND vaxx'd AND still got it again then it would be a real cluster&#%$ of a situation. 

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So it would go against most of the narratives right now if he's indeed positive again (haven't seen second confirmation of a positive test for him yet though, just an ESPN blub while at the gym). If he was positive AND vaxx'd AND still got it again then it would be a real cluster&#%$ of a situation. 

They may as well stop testing if all of these are true, and start happening more often. Either the tests are off, or we live in a world where covid can happen to anyone, at any time, so why bother testing unless there are symptoms?

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mutating to new variants.

From day one its been a cluster!@#$! of a situation.

My unvaccinated cousin just went to an autograph session that included Dawkins. Arms around each other. Taking pics. My cousin is such a huge Bills fan he probably kissed them.

Good grief 

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Mutating to new variants.

From day one its been a cluster!@#$! of a situation.

My unvaccinated cousin just went to an autograph session that included Dawkins. Arms around each other. Taking pics. My cousin is such a huge Bills fan he probably kissed them.

Good grief 

Dawkins is vaccinated though...

• Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
15 minutes ago, Ann said:

They may as well stop testing if all of these are true, and start happening more often. Either the tests are off, or we live in a world where covid can happen to anyone, at any time, so why bother testing unless there are symptoms?

Agreed. And if the vaccine really doesn't prevent one from contracting the disease, nor from spreading it, then it's not a vaccine but a therapeutic -- which then makes any sort of mandates illegal, even for private businesses. 

But that's another hill to die on for another day.

• Like 4

Seasons1992
4 hours ago, Ann said:

This scenario above is in the mail, as they say.....I'd imagine the country will be doing this kind of thing by January 2022 unless it gets redonk bad.

• Like 1