Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Mouse McNally was a good OLine coach too, despite the lack of talent he was given to work with.  Made Jason Peters into a borderline HOFer.

Ah, the good old days, when just about the only thing a Bills fan could get excited about was how they were able to create a monster left tackle from an undrafted free agent. I hope young Bills fans are enjoying themselves right now because the roster doesn't get this good/deep very often.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

that would be Ted

D'oh!  Read your original post as if you'd written "Tom" for some reason.  (Guess because Bresnahan had been in the OP you quoted.)  Yes, Marchibroda was a good hire.

IDBillzFan
49 minutes ago, Ann said:

Trying to temper expectations, but within that story was the thing that has me excited for this team.

Many offensive coaches talk about plays, but Kromer and Brady spend hours discussing the intricacies of how defenses work. Both men consider themselves problem solvers.

I always felt like Dorsey was trying to be more creative than adjusting to what was going on defensively.

One of the dudes on the Jaguars broadcast commented how Brady uses motion to show Josh the defense, which we know, but the other thing he mentioned I found interesting is that, within this current offensive scheme, Allen can go to the line with 5 options, and based on defensive response to motion, can eliminate a couple of those options right away while identifying the higher probability options.

Maybe that's just the way everyone does it and I've never paid attention, but the efficiency of this offense, bolstered by a bunch of guys who don't care how many times they get the ball but are always READY to get the ball, is not anything I've consistently watched from a Buffalo team.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Ah, the good old days, when just about the only thing a Bills fan could get excited about was how they were able to create a monster left tackle from an undrafted free agent. I hope young Bills fans are enjoying themselves right now because the roster doesn't get this good/deep very often.

UDFA Tight End...and then lose him because your cheap ass owner doesn't want to pay him.  Peters played 14 more seasons and went to 7 more Pro Bowls AFTER he left Buffalo.

&#%$in' Ralph.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Trying to temper expectations, but within that story was the thing that has me excited for this team.

I always felt like Dorsey was trying to be more creative than adjusting to what was going on defensively.

One of the dudes on the Jaguars broadcast commented how Brady uses motion to show Josh the defense, which we know, but the other thing he mentioned I found interesting is that, within this current offensive scheme, Allen can go to the line with 5 options, and based on defensive response to motion, can eliminate a couple of those options right away while identifying the higher probability options.

Maybe that's just the way everyone does it and I've never paid attention, but the efficiency of this offense, bolstered by a bunch of guys who don't care how many times they get the ball but are always READY to get the ball, is not anything I've consistently watched from a Buffalo team.

One of the things we talked about this offseason was Josh just being able to throw the ball to the open receiver, instead of worrying about Diggs/Davis taking half the plays off because they aren't getting enough targets.

Granted, it's only 3 games but anyone whose watched these games should see the Patriots with their buncha no-name receivers and how Brady was essentially forced into throwing the ball to open players instead of forcing the ball to Gronk/Welker/Moss/etc.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

One of the things we talked about this offseason was Josh just being able to throw the ball to the open receiver, instead of worrying about Diggs/Davis taking half the plays off because they aren't getting enough targets.

Granted, it's only 3 games but anyone whose watched these games should see the Patriots with their buncha no-name receivers and how Brady was essentially forced into throwing the ball to open players instead of forcing the ball to Gronk/Welker/Moss/etc.

And when those "lesser" guys keep moving the sticks (not that Cook is a "lesser" guy, but those long TD runs are tougher to come across than a bomb to a guy in mismatched coverage is), eventually Shakir and Kincaid get open too because the D knows it's dying by 1,000 cuts by letting everybody else continue to rip them.  

Plus, long drives keep OUR D off the field and fresh.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

UDFA Tight End...and then lose him because your cheap ass owner doesn't want to pay him.  Peters played 14 more seasons and went to 7 more Pro Bowls AFTER he left Buffalo.

&#%$in' Ralph.

my recollection is Brandon became GM after Marv retired in 2007. In 2008, Brandon attempted to play hard ball with Peters to prove his mettle as GM, when the Bills moved him to LT but refused to up his pay to reflect his stellar performance, which allowed them to move him to LT. 

Brandon was in over his head from day1, and he proved it every day.

He traded Peters to the Eagles to save face for his botched negotiation and refusal to take the blame for his mistake in how Peters was handled. 

but then again, what did they expect from a Florida Marlins baseball marketing guy.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

&#%$in' Ralph.

That was tragic. Another time the Walrus hosed The Bills.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

&#%$in' Ralph.

And what a career he would have had protecting Edwards, Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Kyle Orton, Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman...  

&#%$ the drought years as a whole.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

&#%$in' Ralph.

And might play another year in Seattle. TBD.

• 3 weeks later...